The Class of 2026 – Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

That’s a great typo/autocorrect :slight_smile:

I think you are probably right, nobody hops on a message board to post their rejections, and let’s face it the rejection rate is very high and somewhat mysterious . I appreciate the long for after action reviews like yours because they paint a more complete picture of the process. It would be great if more people wrote them to pass it forward

6 Likes

For those who applied to UMichigan for musical theater, what did you put for the “concentration/instrument”?

We put voice

Okay, thank you! us too, I just wanted to make sure

Agreed. It is far less user friendly and useful as it used to be. I check in now and then as a veteran MT dad (my son received his BFA MT Spring 2021 from UMiami). There is much less traffic here now so not sure how much longer I’ll be checking in especially since I am several years removed from the process now.

4 Likes

Radical new proposal: High school seniors can choose where they go to college and what they would like to study.

3 Likes

Interesting idea. One thing you can say is that more schools are adding and upgrading the MT programs based upon demand. There are a lot of “middle” type schools that will in years to come get more recognition for the quality of students and and overall program quality. The higher education market is going to adjust.

yes and some of those are now hidden gems that will be the reach schools of tomorrow!!

3 Likes

Does anyone know if there are any audition spots left for BW? I’m trying to submit the application today but I think I might be too late.

I would suggest emailing them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Website indicate all dates are full. In the past they have had a waitlist for auditions, maybe w the recent spike in omicron some spots will open?

I have heard that BW is going virtual for January Auditions, including Florida Combineds. My daughter just sent an e-mail cancelling her Florida audition for 1/22, if that’s any help.

Okay so this is a new one…

Has anyone submitted multiple prescreens videos to a school, received a decision regarding the prescreens from the school only to look on the YouTube link and see there are zero views?
This school also asked for performance clips which also went unviewed? Ahhhh not sure how to wrap my head around this one! I realize you have to view past say 15 seconds for it to count as a view -to see all the zeros is disconcerting to say the very least!
(Feel free to DM me if you prefer)

Ugh, that’s so frustrating. I have no info other than to say I think you do have to view past 30 seconds for it to count, but still! I hope you hear from someone with knowledge about or experience with this.

1 Like

@dramamama2424

What school was that?

UMich

1 Like

@dramamama2424

Did they pass? We haven’t heard back from Umich yet.

No did not pass

@dramamama2424

I am sorry. :frowning: