The Class of 2026 – Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

Anyone hear from Syracuse regarding NYC Unifieds? Still in person ? We haven’t received any correspondence since setting up time.

You may want to reach out to Syracuse for an update.
Syracuse does not seem to be on the NY list for National Unified Auditions and may have switched to Virtual Audition for Unifieds. I do know they pulled out of Los Angeles Unifieds. My S attends Syracuse for Acting BFA and loves it. We are starting to receive correspondence for next semester from Syracuse after holiday break, you may hear an update soon.
Best of Luck on auditions!
Audition Locations – NATIONAL UNIFIED AUDITIONS

1 Like

Missouri State dance call will not happen at Chicago Unifieds. Sent a message this morning.

Hi thanks I did and the acting auditions are still in person in NYC (they are not on the official list bc they do them on their own but at same time “unofficially”

2 Likes

Many are still in person, thankfully but you never know. I am trying to come up with money to pay Audition room fee. I paid application fee on accepted already fro prescreen, plus the colleges app fee itself. However, I am excited no matter what and it is brutal, doesn’t have to be but it is. Do not compare yourself to your peers. Stay strong Senior class of 2022. We are going to bring amazing art to the world, be it stage, film, mixed media, music, or dance. Stay positive. Its a ride, hang on tight and surround yourself with people that tell you to let the rejections slide, let it role. We are strong.

3 Likes

Hey does anyone know how Uncsa callbacks work? I’m buying tickets for my brother for Chicago unified auditions. I don’t wanna bring him back too early though shout I just keep him there the 7-9 since that’s how long it says the auditions are?

Should*

UNCSA does not have call backs, just one audition.

Don’t they callback that same day?

I just checked with my S who is a first year there and worked the auditions last weekend, UNCSA does not do call backs, one audition only.

1 Like

It depends on the year. 2020 in person at Chicago Unifieds they split the group into two and the kids saw Quin or Scott. Then they posted a cut list, those on the list saw them again, together. Cut list varied from each audition slot. Sounds like they didn’t do that last year @helpingthekid73

last year was just a single inteview with both quinn and scott, my son said that is what they are doing in person this year too.

Thank you! I guess I can bring him back the 9th then!

1 Like

Can someone help me find The Big List? I see one under search for 2020 but not 2021? If you find can you cut and paste here? (sorry if its already been done). This is the list of when schools notify acceptances. Thanks in advance

Is this what you were looking for?

• American -3/17/2021 (2020 it was also 3/17/2020) - email directing to portal change, though some did not receive email; snail mail arrived 3/20/20. Students received email 3/15/21 stating decision would com out on 3/17/21
  • Arizona State -2021 decisions will be going out late March - one poster on 3/19 said “decisions going out this week.” Not sure if that meant 3/19 or w/o 3/21 (next week)
  • Baldwin Wallace–2021 early action-Dec 8, regular decision-Mar 9 (Acceptances/rejections rolled out March 9)
  • Ball State— 2021 rolling - email and calls to accepted students. Email for no’s or deferral to another arts program, a few weeks after audition.
  • Baylor 2021: Acceptances rolling http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/c/colleges-and-universities/baylor-university/108- 2020 rolling - email
  • Belmont -2021 rolling - via snail mail
  • Boston Conservatory— 2021: ED on Jan 29, 2021 via portal, RD 2021 dropped 3/26 in the afternoon. All at once via portal update.
  • BU - March 27, 2021 via portal
  • Cap21/Molloy - 3/9/2021 MT Acceptance via email
  • Carnegie Mellon— Yes calls 3/2/21, waitlist email through Acceptd 3/3/21. No’s came after each round of callbacks and final no’s on 3/3/21.
  • Catholic - 2021 Early Action, artistic decision via email 12/8, academic decisions via portal 12/14.
  • CCM— 2021 - Emails to check portal - 2/24/21
  • Coastal Carolina University- 2021: Emails beginning 3/11; 2020: Emails to everyone 3/12.
  • Columbia College Chicago - 2020: Somewhat rolling; November auditions notified within 2-3 weeks; Emails for BFA and BMus no later than 4/1/2020; 2021-notified via email 3/11/2021
  • Drake -
  • ECU-2021: Emails going out for MT today (3/10) (not sure about acting) - not sure if this is all or some offers…Notified by email. Must accept offer by 3/23
  • Elon - Acceptd emails 3/4/21. Established waitlist in 20/21 cycle
  • Emerson— 2021 - 3/17 is decision day - times are posted in their Instagram stories account. Starting 2:30 East/mid-Atlantic. 2020 was 3/15 email directing to portal, all at once for both artistic and academic decisions.
  • Five Towns - 2021: Rolling, many acceptances/scholarships given on the spot
  • FSU—2021: FSU Acceptance phone calls began late Feb; waitlists will receive a letter in the mail; no’s received an email within the next 2 weeks .
  • Hartt - February 2020: No’s and some acceptances already rolling out. No’s by email. 2021: Decisions released in waves by email starting in February. Batch of no’s delivered on 3/12/21
  • Illinois Wesleyan (IWU) - 2021: some acceptances have started today (3/10) 3/18/21 more notifications today.
  • Indiana (IU Bloomington) - Notifications started 3/5 via Acceptd] - and also portal
  • Ithaca - 2021. 2 March received update to portal with decision letter. 2020: Began sending acceptances through email directing to portal on 2/21
  • Jacksonville University -
  • JMU - 2021. 3/18/21 - there were notifications today. 2/23 via MyMadison portal . Some EA applicants 1/12 via MyMadison portal.
  • Kennesaw State University (BA)- 2021 Rolling acceptance for both Artistic and Academic
  • Kent State - 2021 notified via email MT acceptance 3/8/21
  • LIU/Post— 2021 (notified MT acceptance via email 3/9/21): MT and Acting- offers have been rolling after auditions since fall. 2/10/2020, rolling, snail mail and email
  • Manhattan School of Music— 2021: E-mail to check portal on 3/31/2021 in the evening. 2/24/2020
  • Marymount Manhattan - 2021 Update: Notification to email on 1/27 to check portal for status update. 2020 update: They try to send email notifications to check portal within 2 weeks of the audition, sometimes much sooner. Digital auditions will not receive a decision until sometime in March.
  • Michigan—2021: Yes’s called 3/4 - No’s emailed on 3/5. Decision letters in portal under “application”
  • Minnesota Duluth -
  • Millikin - 2020 update: acceptances rolling, snail mail
  • Missouri State - 2021: Some early offers after audition
  • Montclair - Rolling notifications starting 2/18/20, they’re still auditioning through 3/28. Portal updated before letters/emails are sent.
  • Molloy/CAP - 2021— 3/9 notifying today via email to check school’s portal 2020-Acceptances and waitlists sent to everyone via email on March 2nd. No’s sent a few days before by snail mail.
  • Muhlenberg - 2021 - email stating Admissions decisions will be posted to the Applicant Status Portal at 4 p.m. EST on Wednesday, March 10** RD March 18 - email notification to check portal
  • Nebraska Wesleyan - 2020: Acceptances are going out through snail mail, still auditioning
  • Northern Colorado—rolling, admitted via email shortly after audition (Feb. 22)
  • Northern Kentucky—rolling
  • Northwestern— 3/26/21 email directing to portal, all at once
  • NYU—2021 - ED notifications emailed on 2/18. RD notification emailed on/around 3/31 - all schools, all at once.
  • OCU — 2021 MT: / 2021 Acting: offers made February
  • Ohio Northern - 2020 update: confirmed snail mail decisions week of 2/24
  • Ohio University - 2020 Update: Confirm rolling notifications for this year (email followed by snail mail) - last year - rolling notifications - have heard of a few acceptance phone calls thus far
  • Otterbein - 2021 notifications have started as of 3/6. 2020: No’s sent by email, others still under consideration notified also
  • Pace— 2021 - Pace calls started for MT 3.12.2021. In 2020 Phone calls to accepted students started on 3/4/2020; email directing to portal for no and WL decision 3/13/20
  • Penn State](Penn State - College Confidential Forums - Admissions Discussions and Threads ) 3/6 update -last set of no’s out via portal
  • Point Park—3/20/21 update - decisions are definitely made. If you have not heard from the school, reach out directly. 3/17/21 looks like the day! In 2020: 3/11 Emails to everyone.
  • Rider - 2020 notifications are rolling usually within 4 weeks of audition and in their portal. You get an email to let you know the portal is updated and snail mail letter to follow. They will let you know yes, no or maybe category where you will be waitlisted and updated later on as they start hearing back from their acceptances.
  • Roosevelt/CCPA— 2021 looks similar to 2020 Check portal, notifications through portal as early as March 6.
    2021-email to check portal on 3/15/21
  • SCAD - 2020 rolling admission; audition only for scholarship
  • Shenandoah—2021 - email notification 3/9/21. 2020 was around 3/2-3/6 via phone call (for acceptances); email for waitlist. Last day of auditions is 2/22, then will decide and call before their spring break 3/6.
  • SUNY Cortland
  • Syracuse—2021 email notifications: Scholarships/International Students - 3/5/2021 Regular Decision (1st Wave acceptances/rejections) - 3/19/21. *If you have Gmail - check the promotions folder - may not go to your main inbox. In 2020 first wave started via email on 3/13 (not MySlice), decisions were sent in waves last three weekends of March.
  • SMU - 2020: rolling via email; 2021: some offers made 2/2 and 3/5 (email to check portal)
  • SE Missouri St- 2021: some offers made after auditions (I.e., CAP). Others rolling.
  • TCU - (TCU - College Confidential Forums - Admissions Discussions and Threads ) - 2021: no’s have been sent for MT and Acting, offers have been sent (not sure if all)
  • Temple - 2021 - Rolling starting around 2/22/21. Email from MT school (Artistic). Academic acceptance noted on portal. Acceptance to school can come before or after Artistic Acceptance. 2020 rolling - portal update for academic and artistic admit, email for artistic admit (some have not gotten email for artistic, just saw portal change)
  • Texas State—2021 3.6 update: Just sent out a message that they have sent out some but not all offers and reiterated that anyone who has not heard no is still very much “in the running”.phone calls were made in waves beginning Feb 14 to accepted students. Could go late into April. They do not admit extra to yield fewer. If accepted students decline new calls will go out. / 2021 Acting: emails sent if students are in consideration and offers should be sent end of March, beginning of April.
  • Texas Tech 2021: No’s have been sent; some offers made (possibly all) for MT and Acting
  • UArts— 2020: Rolling, taking longer than last year. 2-3 weeks after an audition to send snail mail. Portal does not update. 2021-rolling decisions. Earlier auditions were notified quickly (10 days) than those with later audition dates.
  • UAlabama - email acceptances sent 1/25
  • UAB - 2021: Some offers have been made, seem to be rolling. (Some in Feb, more in March)
  • UAZ— 2021 updates to portal for no and WL have started as of 3/6. Acceptances called 3/1 (a few acceptance calls were made in Feb)
  • University of Miami—2021 notification is Friday 3/26 4pm, all at once, via portal
  • University of Colorado Boulder - acceptances via email, BFA MT 2/26, BM MT 3/3
  • U Central Ok - 2020: Greg expects offers to go out around 3/6; 2021: audition callbacks going as late as 4/10, not sure what that means for offers.
  • University of OK - 2021: MT: no’s have been sent, not sure about offers / Acting: nos and waitlist have been sent as well as some offers
  • Utah—rolling - some have been notified for 2021
  • UC Irvine - 2021- 3/12/21 - email to check portal . 3/20 via portal, all at once
  • UCLA 3.19.21 - decisions released via portal, all at once. (University of California - Los Angeles - College Confidential Forums - Admissions Discussions and Threads ) - 3/20 via portal, all at once
  • UNCG -2021: Calls to accepted students on 3/2.
  • UNCSA - 2020: Calls to accepted students started 2/23/20, emails direct to portal for “no” decision started 02/25/20
  • USC - 2021 from official twitter acct: Decisions will be available on March 30 in the USC Applicant Portal. Students will receive an email notifying them when their decision has been posted.2020 info: 3/26 email notification to portal,all at once; no mail this year due to COVID-19
  • U Wisconsin Stevens Point - 2020 email to all auditionees between 3/7 - 3/13
  • Viterbo— 2021 - rolling. 2020 via email, rolling now
  • Wagner - 3/12/20 = Yes calls not happening this year due to Coronavirus; all decisions via snail mail; not all letters sent at once; last wave sent out 3/17-ish (received 3/21)
  • Webster— 2020 - offers will be mailed end of March to be received about April 1st.
  • West Virginia University-2020: calls to accepted students 2/26
  • Western CT State—2021 Snail mail /regular sized envelope- received 3/12/21. 2020- snail mail notifications began to be mailed on/around 3/12/2020
  • Western Michigan -
  • Wright St - 2021: Acceptances/rejections rolling out now (3/10) - not sure if all or some.
7 Likes

Thanks you yes is this mt or acting?

Looks like just MT

1 Like

UArts notifications from Fall 2021 auditions went out today Jan 25 2022

4 Likes

does anyone know anything about lynn university and their MT program? my daughter met them at unifieds. TIA

Boco early action decisions went out this morning. My D was accepted! :heart_eyes:

22 Likes