The Class of 2027 – Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

I’m so sorry. It’s unconscionable that they would encourage you to visit and say those things only to reject you.

2 Likes

Rejections from Fordham (acting) today and Emerson. Both communications were misleading. Fordham had confetti and said “congratulations” because despite rejecting D from theatre they accepted her for second choice major. How cruel.

Emerson letter did not specifically mention the BFA MT program at all and read like it was an academic rejection (for a student with a 4.0 and full load of AP classes).

To hell with them all and to hell with this fxxxing process.

So sorry you didn’t get into this school. It’s just a matter of too many applicants for too few spots all around. This path is tough, but I quote one of the UNCSAs faculty members: “I don’t know anyone that really wanted this and haven’t gotten in a theatre program.”
Cry today, but tomorrow will be another day! :wink:
Best of luck.

1 Like

My condolences, this process is truly so brutal.

I got the same Emerson letter (with a 4.0 and a 36 ACT) and totally agree that the wording was weird and kind of harsh. Add in a Roosevelt no and today really went to show how much this whole thing can suck sometimes

1 Like

Well, based on our results I guess I can assume my D “doesn’t want it enough”. I don’t think you realize how insensitive this comment was.

You fail to understand it.
He meant there will eventually be an acceptance/good fit in a school.

For all you know we’ve already heard back from all schools. It was insensitive.

This assumes that everyone has both acceptances and rejections. For some, it’s only the later. This is the reality.

The faculty meant that if they really really want it, they will persist and apply again the next cycle. Or transfer. etc.

I’m sorry you found it insensitive, but it wasn’t. It was a cheer-up. Btw, my DD is in the same situation, no Yesses so far. As a supportive parent, I’ve assured her that we have her back and she can try as many times as she wants.

3 Likes

There are two groups on Facebook: MT Parents and BFA Acting Dreams. At least those are two I belong to. :relaxed:

1 Like

Is there an artistic acceptances thread this year? I can’t find it but see the one from last year.

If you do see one, or if you start one, please let me know

1 Like

I think someone tried to start something similar here (audition results and questions):

I don’t think there’s another thread. Since CC made changes to these boards, it seems like less people post here and more post in the FB group.

Has anyone heard from Hartt?

Heard from Hartt late last night. It’s a yes for MT!

5 Likes

Did they call you?

I think we all need to realize that yes anyone can want it, but will they do the work for it? Senior year, I had 14 prescreen rejections and 1 pass, which I couldnt attend. With a lot of mentors, drive, and hard work, I went to CAP and NY Unifieds.

From there on I got 55 prescreen passes, followed up with 40 of them, rejected from 6 of them, accepted to 27, waiting to hear back from 7 still. So far I am in Point Park, Emerson, Hartford, Wright State, Molloy/CAP21, Roosevelt and Texas Christian. ALL of these schools rejected me last year. Your student will go to college, I believe in them!!

5 Likes

I’m happy for you, but taking a gap year to do this all over again would not be my D’s choice or the right thing for her.

1 Like

At this point she’s accepted to Fairleigh Dickinson and Muhlenburg, she’s just not jazzed about either one. She’s also on two waiting lists, so we’ll see.

2 Likes

Go FD!!! :basketball:

2 Likes