The Class of 2027 – Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

Congrats to those accepted to Cuse . My daughter is an acting major and loves it :tangerine::blue_heart::orange_heart:

We’re super confused by her acceptance letter. Says for acting, but no mention of bfa, but I also don’t see a ba option on their website so hoping they are referring to bfa. How do we find out? Does anybody know what planned major in acting means??

1 Like

Does the letter start by saying accepted to the College of Visual and Performing Arts. If so, that has to be the BFA in Acting. The Department of Theater offers BFAs in Acting, MT, Stage Management and Theater Design and Technology. The only degree in offers that is not a BFA is a BS in Drama. I’d say Acting means Acting.

1 Like

Awesome, I hope you’re right! And yes it says welcome to the College of Visual and Performing Arts. Thanks for feedback.

1 Like

Hello!
1st time posting :slight_smile: Has anyone heard from Hartt, Otterbein, UMiami, NYU, BoCo? My DD applied regular decision for all of these. Do you know when they come out?

That is the BFA acting acceptance. Syracuse does artistic and academic admission all in one. BFA Acting is the only acting major at Cuse. Congrats :tangerine::orange_heart::blue_heart:

2 Likes

NYU releasing decision March 27, BOCO said March 31 11:59pm. I heard UMiami was in portals today. We still haven’t heard from Otterbein but many many have. Might be time to reach out with an email. I don’t know about Hartt.

1 Like

I have heard from Otterbein and Hartt, NYU is releasing on Tuesday.

1 Like

Good luck to all hearing from BU today!

3 Likes

Has everybody heard from Syracuse?

1 Like

There will be a few more Fridays with decisions. They release in waves.

1 Like

My D heard from them but I’m not sure if they are finish sending out results

1 Like

My D just received a no from Hartt. We know of people who had already received no’s a couple weeks ago-they auditioned at the same time as her, so I don’t know what any of that timing means. I have not heard of anyone being offered a spot on a waitlist there, but it’s possible.

We just received the same and not heard of anyone receiving a waitlist for Hartt.

1 Like

My Daughter is trying to transfer from a Music program to a MT. She did not applied to as many places as I am seeing here. Some that we didn’t and I think we should have was BoCo, Michigan and AMDA

Call back auditions:

CCM, Penn State, Temple, LIU, Pace, Ithaca, Emerson.

So far:

no from Penn and CCM
accepted at LIU
Waiting to hear from the others.

Any comments here about Long Island Program? how it compares to Temple ?

3 Likes

I got into NYU, but I can’t go due to the cost. I applied on a dream, and I knew I wouldn’t get in. Everyone applies, plus I had to meed the really hard academic standards as well. I got in. And it hurts worse that I have to say no. 90,000 per year is truly absurd, I’m sorry. That’s just tuition+room and board. Saying no to this is quite literally feeling like I’m saying no to my future.

1 Like

Got waitlisted at NYU after being deferred for ED. I think that if I end up getting in I won’t get into NSB, but I’ll be fine as long as I’m not in the experimental studio.

I’m not sure your reasons for not wanting Experimental Theater Wing studio, but I wonder just how much you know about it. My daughter is a Tisch alum. She studied in the MT studio for her 1st 5 semesters and the chose to study in ETW studio for her last 3 semesters…yes, chose! ETW was a great experience and she still took private voice while in ETW, got more acting training, and wrote and starred in her own musical in ETW. Also, while in ETW, she was the lead in a Tisch MainStage musical. She is now a professional in the NYC MT world. I wouldn’t write off ETW so quickly.

3 Likes

Shoshi, I am sorry about your situation.

For others who may be reading this, please know that NYU meets the full demonstrated need of admitted students as determined by your expected family contribution from information that you provide on the CSS Profile.

My own kid, now an NYU/Tisch alum, received the highest scholarship at NYU of any of her other BFA acceptances. I’m not saying this happens for every applicant, but not everyone pays the sticker price.

2 Likes

Yes, very true. My parents earn too much (we are middle class) to truly get anything from need based. I have two other siblings in college, so the price tag is impossible to meet. I was also reading that very few actually receive merit aid.

2 Likes