The Class of 2027 – Sharing, Venting, Discussing! MT

My S just got his acceptance for acting yesterday!

2 Likes

Congratulations to him!! Still nothing here, but word on the street is they’re making more offers from Chicago still this week so I’m hopeful!

1 Like

Congrats!!!

Sharing what we have heard so far from Chicago Unifieds, in case it is helpful to anyone else. These are all BFA MT:

No: Ball State (heard within days of audition via email.)
Yes’s: Southern Illinois (via email,) Nebraska Wesleyan (via phone call,) Ohio University (via snail mail.)
Lots to hear from still. She has two acceptances from earlier auditions in the fall as well. Assuming we won’t hear much else before mid March.

4 Likes

does anyone know when umich calls are going out?

YES from LIU Post today! I know lots of Chicago Unifieds people were notified

3 Likes

Has anyone from NY Unifieds heard a yes from Temple? I know they said it was rolling but I’m not sure if I should believe that no news is good news right now.

I’m just guessing, but I noticed from looking at Instagram accounts of students accepted in prior years that they seem to get their calls on a Tuesday or Wednesday during the last week Feb/first week March. So, maybe this coming February 28th or March 1st.

2 Likes

I just got my CCM acting decision today. Please be on the lookout for it. (It was a no).

Sorry for your no. I hope many yeses on the way to you. My son is waiting to hear on MT from them.

1 Like

Thank you. It was disappointing, but I had a truly great audition with them. I was super happy to get a callback, as that in itself is huge. The extremely nice woman holding auditions told me how well spoken my monologue was and told my dad how great I did. I have faith it was simply a case of too many people and too few slots. I got into Ohio University which, although less known, is one of my top options. I’m fully okay :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Congratulations on Ohio!!! And, yes, it’s definitely a big deal to get a callback.

1 Like

Did anyone receive a No from CCM for MT? Does anyone know if all offers and waitlists have gone out? I know a bunch of positive calls were made Monday night, just not sure if they are finished?

1 Like

We haven’t received a no, but didn’t receive a phone call either. My son auditioned in Chicago. When did you audition? Oh, also, I see you did U of Michigan too. Do you think that’s coming this week also?

1 Like

D got notified she’s on the waitlist for MSM MT program last Monday. Accepted to Farleigh Dickenson (MT) and rejected from UMN Guthrie (acting). Hoping she’ll have more than the one option to choose from. This process is so anxiety producing. And it’s such a long process, with continued movement into the month of May.

1 Like

Congrats on FD! And MSM (not a no!)

This process is so brutal. My D got a no from Western Michigan today.

1 Like

As of today…MT
No: Ithaca, Oklahoma
Yes: Ball State (phone call came yesterday)
Waiting on: CCM, SMTD, Shenandoah, Belmont, and Hartford

1 Like

No word from either CCM nor SMTD.

2 Likes

I heard from a current student that CCM offers are all complete. If we haven’t heard, sounds like the no is coming. For UMich, I really have no idea when that will come out.

2 Likes

How soon after audition did you hear from Ithaca? Asking because my son did a virtual last Saturday. It seems like I’ve seen a few posts mentioning they let you know quickly.

1 Like