The Colorado College Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2022 Admission

The Colorado College offers both Early Decision and Early Action for freshman admissions.

The Fall 2022 admission Early Decision (ED) deadline for The Colorado College is November 1.

All ED1 applications should receive an admissions decision by December 12. Last year, The Colorado College admitted 275 of the 1,052 applicants who applied early decision. The acceptance rate was 26.14%.

The Early Action (EA) deadline for Fall 2022 admission at The Colorado College is November 1.

All early action applicants should receive an admissions decision by December 17. Last year, The Colorado College admitted 611 of the 3,727 applicants who applied Early Action. The acceptance rate was 16.39%. For more information visit the The Colorado College page on College Confidential.

See updates and discuss results with other The Colorado College applicants.

Are you planning to apply early to The Colorado College? Why The Colorado College? What questions do you have about applying early? Comment in the thread below.

To discuss other The Colorado College topics visit the the-colorado-college tag on CC Forums.

Have more information about The Colorado College Early Decision?

This post is a wiki and allows CC members to edit and update relevant information - just click the Edit button in the lower right corner. (You must be a registered user with at least Member level privileges to edit wikis).

1 Like

Edited to correct Colorado College’s ED1 deadline: November 1.

Starting a thread for ED/EA applicants to Colorado College for admission in Fall 2022. Does anyone know when decisions will be released?

late dec (id guess 24-31)

Haven’t heard anything official but last year ED decisions were released 12/11 (and EA 12/16). If they stick with the second Friday of December maybe ED will be out next Friday?

My son applied ED and just got an email that his decision would be released on the portal on December 15th at 4 PM MST.

3 Likes

Good luck to your son! My daughter also applied ED. She was hoping they’d release decisions on Friday but is resigned to the fact that she’ll just have to wait another week!

3 Likes

My daughter also applied ED…she about has a heart attack with each update email.

Admissions office closing at 2pm due to inclement weather. Wonder if decisions will be delayed???

The wind was CRAZY in the Springs today. Apparently trees down everywhere… malls evacuated, rooftops torn open, I-25 closed. D18 is a senior living off campus and a huge evergreen fell in their yard. Luckily it missed the house but is blocking the driveway for sure. It has been an unusual weather event for the Springs!

Daughter accepted! So relieved and happy. Good luck to everyone!

2 Likes

D22 also accepted!

Congratulations to all who were accepted!!! Would you mind sharing your stats?

Son accepted!! GPA 3.83, SAT 1310, lots of extracurriculars including band, theater, tennis. Also, work as a camp counselor and volunteer work with the disability community. Very personal essay. So excited and proud!!

4 Likes

Accepted ED. 34 ACT. 4.30 out of max 4.44 at top HS in the state. No class rank but probably in top 5-10%. 13 APs + 2 math courses beyond Calc. Pretty thin extracurriculars by today’s lofty standards. Excellent essay in English teacher’s opinion. Good interview in mother’s opinion, the kid can be charming. He is very stoked about CC, it seems like a great fit for him and I think that came across. Congrats to all accepted and good luck to all deferred!

3 Likes

D accepted ED with 3.98UW/4.16W GPA, 31 ACT single sitting, 9 APs, strong ECs. CC is a great fit for her, she’s so excited!

1 Like

My daughter was accepted ED and is thrilled. Not sure on exact stats, but strong student in urban district with consistent and strong extracurriculars. CC is really the perfect fit for her.
Question—did your acceptance letters have a PS? There was a note on ours regarding the essay which seems personalized but just curious.

3 Likes

Congrats to your daughter! Yes D’s had a PS about the essay. Nice that they care to spend the extra time to personalize it even if just a little bit!

1 Like

Congrats to all! D22 waiting on an EA decision Monday. What does one mean by strong ECs? Not that it matters at this point, just curious!