The Decision Letters: :D

<p>Ok from Experience anyone. How does a rejection letter look and how do the acceptance ones look.
Im really Nervous. Miami just emailed me telling me that decisions go out in Mid March.
From those who recieved letters already, can you tell me how it will look. I cant imagine how fast my hearts gonna beat while i start opening the envelope. :D</p>

<p>what are you applying as and when did you submit your app?</p>

<p>Im applying as accounting and I submitted it Jan 15th</p>

<p>bump i have nno idea man, what happens when u log into ur MyUM? does it just show the application or does it show like a checklist of things received?</p>

<p>i got the same email today, but a few days ago i recieved one that i was refered to waiting list.....</p>

<p>the acceptance letter is a big packet. or at least mine was, i applied EA and got the letter the last week of Jan. Good luck.</p>

<p>My acceptance letter came in a big envelope that was colored green, orange, and white. My UM envelope did not have a big "Congratulations" like my other college acceptance envelopes. For the rejection letter I received from Rice it was just a plain letter in a standard envelope. My deferral letter from Yale was the same exact way.</p>

<p>Usually, acceptances come in packets or come with packets of information. Rejection letters come by themselves. SO basically, you can tell from just looking at the envelope.</p>

<p>As a rule eveyone, rejections are not packets EVER they are business sized envelopes with a single letter inside as are most deferral letters. GENERALLY acceptances come in a large envelope/ or packet with a lot of information, forms,etc.........I have yet to hear of an acceptance in a letter. May your mailboxes all be filled with many large overstuffed envelopes!</p>

<p>i agree 100% with you sanestudent!</p>

<p>my cincinnati acceptance letter came with a single letter in an envelope...haha</p>

<p>Yeah, it's a lot more economically/environmentally efficient if the schools send acceptance letters as a single letter in a business-sized envelope and have you contact them if you're still interested and want the other information. I wouldn't mind. And I've heard of a few schools doing that (they told us about it in information sessions, but I can't remember which schools said what!).</p>

<p>UM sends a huge folder of info in a very large envelope.</p>

<p>was anyone informed by email prior to recieving the accpetance/rejection by maiL?</p>

<p>Nope. I was not emailed before my decision.</p>

<p>My daughter was first notified that she was admitted when she checked MyUM online - it opened with the banner "Congratulations! You're a Cane!" which, by the way, was only viewable one time. The snail mail letter followed at least a week later. It was exactly as others described - a large envelope with lots of information. She never did get an e-mail. </p>

<p>Good luck to all of you!</p>

<p>My MyUM online account doesn't tell me I've been accepted but I got my acceptance in the mail - it's kinda weird.</p>

<p>are u going to attend armando?</p>

<p>I'm not sure - I have to wait until I get the rest of my decision letters, then I will make my decision.</p>

<p>where else did u apply to?</p>