The drinking and partying

<p>Ok, not to be a party pooper, but Wisconsin is what it is and being a doctor is what it is too. I'm just afraid that I'll get too caught up in the crazy party scene and lose my aspiration (I don't even drink at much if at all).</p>

<p>Is it honestly as big as they say it is? I mean UW Madison is supposed to have a good med school record but the drinking has to have a effect academically.</p>

<p>If you don't like it, it's easy to avoid.</p>

<p>And the alcohol doesn't really play a toll in the academics. I don't even think Madison's as big of a party school as everyone says, and this's coming from someone who lives in the biggest party dorm at the "biggest party school" in the country.</p>

<p>It'll only be your fault if you get caught up in it, because, to second Lucky, it is *so *easy to avoid.</p>

<p>I'd have to second him again. So yeah. What LuckyStarBoy said. :P</p>

<p>One thing you could do is put yourself on a "substance free" dorm which is going to have more like-minded students who don't want to drink themselves into a stupor for the sake of having fun.</p>

<p>don't worry, it is not a big deal. if you don't drink and party like crazy now, you will probs be fine.</p>

<p>Like someone else said, it's very easy to avoid. And from what I've seen, it's not prevalent at all in the graduate student scene. I was not a partier at all while at UW-Madison and I never felt out of place or like there was nothing to do. There are always a lot of people that aren't into it.</p>