The Fall 2008 UW application is available! Who's applying?

<p>My son submitted his application online today. He plans to major in journalism. He's also applying to U Maryland - College Park, U Missouri - Columbia, Indiana U - Bloomington, and Ohio U - Athens.</p>

<p>Who else is applying for Fall 2008?</p>

<p>I will be :D</p>

<p>I will be. =]</p>

<p>It's actually my number one choice at this point-</p>

<p>1) In-state tutition
2) Two majors I'm very interested in (elementary ed and sociology) are both ranked in Top 3 in nation.
3) City of Madison is beautiful- I love nature and the city, so I get the best of both worlds.
4) Really liked the campus when I went to visit.</p>

<p>I think UW is really underrated on CC!</p>

<p>It'll be nice to keep in touch with everyone else who applies/gets accepted/etc!</p>

<p>you can submit the app already??? yay!</p>

<p>"you can submit the app already??? yay!"</p>

<p>Actually, no, it's just available to start filling out. </p>

<p>They accept them starting September 15. =]</p>

<p>He submitted the application and the fee yesterday.... guess he'll have to contact them on Tuesday and find out if that was OK.</p>

<p>"He submitted the application and the fee yesterday.... guess he'll have to contact them on Tuesday and find out if that was OK."</p>

<p>It may very well just be that they won't actually start looking at them until September 15, but they're fine with you sending them before then?</p>

<p>I think you can send them any time you want, but they don't begin evaluations until the 15th.</p>

<p>I'm applying, are there any limitations to the length of the essay?</p>

<p>journalism?? i want to do that too.. :) i wish I knew more about the school though, like I have absolutely NO idea what it takes to get in. i shoudl really get on that lol</p>

<p>Update: contacted UW admissions today and they said it's fine to submit it early.</p>

<p>I will be!!! This is so exciting you guys! I never thought this time would come</p>

<p>I think I am going to. :P</p>

<p>definately going to... on wisconsin</p>

<p>I am looking at the app, and one part is making me ask this question: For majors, are you applying to a certain school within Madison (eg Agriculture or Arts and Sciences) or is that just to try and get a reading on what majors people are most popular. My dilemma is that I plan on either studying pharmacology (In Pharmacy college) or Chemistry (in the main Arts and Science college). Would putting down one make me admitted to that school only, as some universities do, or is it just a general survey question which has naught to do with one's actual chance of accepetence?</p>

<p>From what I understand, applicants don't declare a major until after a certain number of credit hours, so they do not apply to a specific college when they first enter the university. I think UW just wants to gauge how many applicants are interested in eventually pursuing the various majors.</p>

<p>So the earliest Madison will start reviewing apps is sep. 15?</p>

<p>"So the earliest Madison will start reviewing apps is sep. 15?"</p>

<p>That's correct, and the website says a decision should be given in 4 to 6 weeks.</p>

<p>You get accepted to the University, it won't change your chances to declare/not declare your proposed major, do so if you have one in mind as you might get information from that dept after you're admitted and it may help in the SOAR advisor assignment. You can declare a major at any time, and change it, also. Many will change their major after they start.</p>

<p>Sept 15 is the start date for admissions.</p>