The Golden Bachelor - CC Discussion!

One appeared to have fallen asleep on a sofa and missed the rose ceremony. Jimmy Kimmel’s aunt?

@skieurope @Youdon_tsay @toledo

Thanks for the replies. That’s too bad. One hour is really not long enough for the pilot episode!

I was curious about this group’s thoughts on any commonalities in the women Gerry was drawn to as well as the ones he did not connect with. I’m sure that will become more evident as additional episodes air. Maybe I’ll wait until next week and watch two episodes back to back. :slightly_smiling_face:

I thought she was a “joke” participant? No? If not, now she is!

She was not a real contestant

1 Like

We had many of the same favorites! I especially enjoyed the one whose long childhood friend has cancer and encouraged her to be on the show. She just seems super genuine. I love the way Marina carries herself - she is gorgeous. Ellen seems fun.

1 Like

To be honest, each week you’re only going to get snippets of conversations, interactions, etc. to a certain point. There just isn’t time - even when it was 2 hours - to get too in-depth.

And think about it…out of that many women there are likely to be a few that you just aren’t physically attracted to or don’t get a personal vibe - even right off the bat.

Gerry seems like a fun active guy. That might be a high priority for him. A couple of the women showed their age a little more and maybe they didn’t express “active” so off they went - tough because no matter what, the show decides how many he has to let go.

I also was glad Matt James mom went - just don’t like her vibe.

2 Likes

I know two widows about my age (late 40s). One lost her husband to brain cancer several years ago; another lost her partner to a car crash. The second one found another partner in about a year; the other is still single. But the divorced folks are a lot more numerous.

22 contestants to start with seemed like plenty. 6 gone already. He just probably wasn’t as physically attracted to or as attracted to their initial vibe as the others. Pretty much the way that tends to go in dating, regardless of age. And in this situation, very little time to make those initial decisions/cuts.

2 Likes

I liked it in the early years when they started with 25. I always thought that was plenty, and then they cut them down fast. The group dates with 8-10 are too big.

I do like that there aren’t 3 Ashleys or Heathers. Ellen, Nancy, Kathy? Yep, those are names from the Golden era.

1 Like

There are never 3 Ashley’s. It’s one Ashley, one Ashlee, and one Ashleigh. :rofl:

5 Likes

So the Bachelor is 2 hours and the Golden Bachelor is one hour. Age discrimination?

1 Like

Interestingly, The Golden Bachelor was viewed by 4.36 million, while Bachelor in Paradise had 2.17 million viewers. Maybe BIP should have been the hour-long show.

6 Likes

When I first saw Sandra, I thought, oh, she looks like…and went blank. I feel like she looks like someone I’ve seen on tv or movies but nobody pops into my mind. I’ve googled a bit but no one clicks. It’s not someone I personally know, although a couple other women look like women in my Boomers Meetup group. It’s nagging at me!

Does anyone else see a resemblance to someone famous?

She reminds me of Condoleezza Rice.

3 Likes

Strong possibility! They have the same smile for sure.

And she loves football.

1 Like

No, they have to go to bed early. :smile:

1 Like

They were up all night! The end of the rose ceremony was at 7:30 am, which is why Jerry said good morning instead of good night to those who were leaving.

1 Like

Yes!

I also didn’t like Kathy the educational consultant because she was dabbling in the classic Bachelor “I’m here for Gerry, and I don’t care about anyone else” villainous personality.

Edith seems like she should be looking for someone younger. I’m sure there would be plenty of interest.

Sandra is sweet, and she looks great for 75. But in the video footage, she seemed to be slower getting around, looking more her age. I wonder if age will be a factor in Gerry’s relationship with her.

Gerry sold the lake house he and his wife had just moved into when she passed away, and he bought another house on the same lake. Has he indicated anywhere that he is willing to move?

Oh! LOL. I didn’t actually watch it. Hubby and I watched the first few women arrive and then I looked at him and said “No. Just no.” We turned it.

2 Likes