The Honors notifications haven't been sent out yet, What do I put for housing?

<p>Do I put the honors dorm as one of my choices on the housing application? </p>

<p>Also what dorms are good for a freshman biology major?</p>

<p>Our thought was to put down choices that were not the honors dorm since living there is a requirement if you are in the honors program and we (my son and I) assumed not a possibility if you are not in the program.</p>

<p>My D did the same thing as Spectrum2. Did not want to presume she would get into honors so did not put those dorms down…</p>

<p>Any idea when Honors notifications will be sent? My S put Honors Housing as first choice.</p>

<p>Just found an answer to my own question: Students will be notified of Honors decisions by March 1 on their A&M email account (log in to Howdy, click on email).</p>

<p>I logged into howdy but there is no email link. I even went to email.tamu.edu and a message said authentication failed when I logged in. Anyone else having this problem?</p>

<p>skittles, when you log into Howdy, there is an email icon (envelope with the word “email” under it) just below the ATM symbol on the top right of the page. Click that icon and use the same user id and password you use to log in to Howdy. My S has already received 2 emails from A&M on that account. But nothing about Honors yet.</p>

<p>^Has your S already accepted admission? I logged on again and I still have no email link. Maybe it is because I haven’t declared admission yet?</p>

<p>I just called the Howdy support and they said that I can’t access my email until I have registered for classes. So I’m not sure if I was told correctly.</p>

<p>My S did accept admission but of course has not registered for classes, so maybe they told you incorrect info. If you can’t get email until you accept your admission, then I wonder how they will notify you of your Honors status. I guess you can call the Honors Dept and ask.</p>

<p>skittles555 - My S also has access to email on Howdy. He has accepted admission and has also scheduled his NSC, that could be the difference.</p>

<p>I would bet that your “honors” email goes to the email address that you currently have on file with admissions. You might want to verify that but I do know that even though we have gotten a few emails on the TAMU email account…the majority of emails we are currently getting are still coming through his personal email account.</p>

<p>I’ve heard that this year, the people from honors are taking a more holistic view of the honors applications. Is this true? I’m in the top 10% of the class but my SAT scores aren’t up to par with what the requirement used to be (I believe it was a CR+Math of 1300)
It’ll be great if they’re looking at a person overall other than their academic credentials.</p>

<p>Eve411, i think this is the first year an application is required for Honors, and I have also read that a more holistic method will be used.</p>

<p>Note: Your application for the Honors Program serves as the agreement to live in Honors Housing. This information is in a blue flyer that gets mailed to you.</p>