The M10 Freak Out Thread Applicants 2015

Groton is not need blind. They just state that those decisions are made separately. Andover states that they will meet the needs of all accepted students. Groton’s site states that at times they aren’t able to make money available for everyone who needs it.

Agree with Momto4kids. Groton is not need blind.

Just wonder if anyone here has received the andover package

sorry for the confusion! @momto4kids @formyqq

@gryffinhunter i believe that comes in by mail, but don’t quote me on it. i didn’t get any emails saying how you would access it otherwise.

Got into Hotchkiss!! Rejected at Exeter and Lawrenceville though

10:30am passed. No FedEx package. No news is bad news, after all.

@formyqq don’t give up hope!! the package could just be late! at least thats what i’m trying to tell myself. don’t assume anything definite until 5 PM. believe me, i’m not usually the overly optimistic person, but if you do end up accepted, you would have been sad for nothing!!

@Napper‌ Andover is the only BS that is need-blind. Groton was “effectively need-blind,” at least through 2013. I don’t know what they said last admissions cycle. RL is need-blind, but is not a boarding school. They do release their decisions today, although I do not know how or at what time.

@Grnmom in sorry I Cosby reply earlier. I live in India so I think that was one of the reasons it came early as the school wasn’t completely sure of when it would reach me. If you haven’t gotten a package yet I don’t think that’s bad news as many people still didn’t get them as well. Good luck!

Anyone have any advice on the wait list? Just some background, I got into multiple schools but was wait listed at one of my favorites Blair. I feel liked they really liked me and I attended multiple events. I need to decide a school to go to by one month from today and they say final wait list decisions are made by june 1st. ANY ADVICE IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. also can u push a wait list?

@preppyhenry i would suggest reading the WL threads in prep school admissions. I’d say you should go to one of the schools you got accepted to. it will be much more of a relief to have a decision made.

@skieurope i believe they said that this cycle, as well. that must be why i was confused. thank you.

PreppyHenry - take the offers from the schools that love you, and be happy and grateful. There’s no need to agonize. The ‘bird in the hand’… and all that

@PreppyHenry‌, see the thread below…

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/discussion/comment/18156738/#Comment_18156738

My daughter attended the school she was accepted into and let the wait listed schools go - and she’s had a great four years.

Has anyone received the Andover package? According to stargirl’s spreadsheet, it is schedule to be delivered at 10:30, but I haven’t received anything, and many ppl on CC haven’t received it either.

@baller14 have you seen anyone get a package? i understand that we might not all get into andover, but the odds are that at least someone will.

Flat-out REJECTED to Exeter. 10:25 AM here and there’s no package from Andover. I’m not betting on it.

I haven’t seen anyone. That’s the reason I am wondering because the odds of atleast one CCer getting into Andover are very high. Is Andover even going to send acceptance packages to arrive today, because for the past couple of years, the portal was only for internationl applicants. By my understanding, this is the first year domestic applicants could use the portal.