The M10 Freak Out Thread Applicants 2015

What makes me so surprised is that my extra curriculars and awards were crazy good, plus i have over 100 hours of community service under my belt. : ( I just don’t understand why

@FootieMum‌ I didn’t apply to any of these myself, however I live in the area, and know several people who did apply to these. I think you’re right that most of these mail them on M10, so they don’t get to you until a little later. At least that’s what I understood from my friends - One kid applying to Roxbury Latin said the same thing as you (not sure is RL in the ISL? - I think so…).

Same!! I definitely think it was my grades… and maybe they thought I wasn’t emotionally ready?

Oh well, we all win some and loose some. My local public school is where I will go now, even though I will be at a disadvantage regarding AP classes, and it actually isn’t looking that bad : )

That’s good!!

If you’re worried about AP’s, Lawrenceville doesn’t offer any.

I know - its just that Ap offers a grade booster at this school, and so it will be harder to be in the top percentage when competing with kids who now have grade boosters @mrnephew

My school has rare offerings… very rare…

Thanks and, yes, you’re right: RL in ISL

Well, I heard that the most important thing that Prep Schools judge by is the application. Also the interview is an important factor. And then of course test scores.

At my school the average grade on a math test is 65… I felt smart when I got an 80 :stuck_out_tongue: … That’s probably what did me in…

AHH WELL we all win and loose some now lets go eat ice cream

@OneExcitedDude‌ then I must have screwed up the application, too! Haha!

Wow 4 waitlist and one acceptance :smiley: I’m so happy

@LondonLady awww yay!! where to?

Andover

Andover your money (mwhahah)

@LondonLady congrats!! I checked literally 30 seconds ago… rejected…

The only one I have left to hear from is Choate, but I am super worried because 4 some reason it looks like my application wasn’t complete?

@LondonLady‌ That’s awesome!!! Congrats!! So excited for you!! :slight_smile: