The M10 Freak Out Thread Applicants 2015

It looks #gucciflawless :slight_smile:

Right now I am ā€œfreaking outā€ about all the courses Exeter offers. I know each class is another 50mins of hw and Iā€™m trying to map out all four years and I can see that I will have to take x # of courses for credits another 3 credits colleges want + all the course I want to take besides those. I can already tell Iā€™m going to be SO busy. I absolutely canā€™t wait for some classes though (Classical Greece, Classical Rome, The Medieval Worlds, Evolution, Molecular Genetics and more) and Iā€™d rather not take that year of US History that is required. (Iā€™ve already taken 2 years +2 on Colonial America.)

Iā€™m pretty sure that the U.S. History is mandatory. And yeah prep school gives a mountain of work. You have those teachers who seem to forget that we have five other classes, and assign a massive load of HW. Not fun, and many late nights with a lot of Red Bull. My liver is not happy with me right now.

Mrnephew what school do you attend ?

Lawrenceville.

Oh sweet!

The good thing is that when you leave high school, college will seem like somewhat of a break :slight_smile:

IDKā€¦ that might just be my schoolā€¦

Have any advice on revisit days? (For all schools)?

Thereā€™s a revisit thread on the parents section, but the gist of it is basically to ask good questions, meet some people, go in classroom dress for that school (whatever it may be), etc.

Haha editing because there is already a threadā€¦

@Bulatt good luck!!!

Oh yeah, one of our alums that go to Harvard told me that Lawrenceville is actually harder. If you can believe it.

@mrnephew ohh yeah I believe it :). We have some ivies too and they say the same thing!! Just replace Lā€™ville with UIbuttonā€™s school :smiley:

dag nabbit I did not mean to refer to myself as 3rd person :stuck_out_tongue:

Mandatory by state law.

But I hear History 333 is a rite of passage.

Why is it a rite of passage?

Kinda like a freshman challengeā€¦ likeā€¦ ā€œYou canā€™t really say you go to x unless youā€™ve been through yā€ type deal

Thatā€™s just stupid. @UIButtonā€Œ Youā€™ve been to X when you enroll and take classes.

@UIButton stupid or not, Iā€™m pretty sure all schools have something like that-- A hard class to complete, a hard teacher to pass, or a project to doā€¦ ā€œinitiationā€

Oh yeah. Lawrenceville initiations areā€¦ interesting.