The M10 Freak Out Thread Applicants 2015

@UIButton‌ wait are you being serious??

@02gloves I rarely am not serious :stuck_out_tongue:

@02gloves It’s probably just something they send to a lot of people… I wouldn’t worry about it. The note was nice but it wasn’t an acceptance :(…

@uibutton strange… are you on their waitlist? I got a letter (it was a rejection), and it was typed but only signed by hand.

@Napper I got that one, but it’s something else… I threw it away because I thought I would get too happy about it and cease working for the night :p.

gosh darn I didn’t get a letter about my rejection and they said a letter would be following in the mail

@02gloves: I don’t think I’ve gotten a rejection letter in the mail yet either. I’ll have to double check with my mom.

@02gloves i wouldn’t worry about it too much. the worst thing that could happen would be that you get a surprise acceptance…

It’s super basic… any other rejection letter in my opinion :frowning: Not gonna lie I wish I just through out the envelope as soon as I saw Exeter because I had an idea of what it was going to say :frowning:

Okay, checked with my mom, we got it in the mail today. I’m sad again. (but still determined!!!)

Thinking of applying to SPS next year. It seems like a lovely school.

@goldenfygg It is a wonderful school and I do not want to discourage you but it is as hard as A&E or harder to get into… I don’t know your stats but adding any of the ACRONYM schools (SPS, Deerfield, Hotchkiss, Groton, Taft, etc) would NOT be “casting a wide net.”

Cate and Thacher intrigue me. Both are on my list for schools to try applying to this fall. :slight_smile:

I’ve been researching schools like crazy.

Here is a thread discussing available spots for 10th grade entry (i.e. if you don’t apply as a repeat 9th grader, which may be recommended…)

Divide the spots by 2 if you need Financial Aid. That’s the number of available spots in 10th grade.

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/prep-school-admissions/1687542-identifying-hidden-gem-schools-by-the-numbers-and-considerations-for-admissions-after-9th-grade.html#latest

@payn4ward‌ You think the factors would be considerably lower for applicants for 11th grade?

@02gloves I would guess yes.

I feel as if my chances are .0000001% if I were to reapply…

@02gloves: I’ve been researching schools too! So far I am looking at 15 schools, from those in GLADCHEMMS to Hidden Gems to those on the West Coast. It’s definitely fun looking at all of them! :slight_smile:

@thelittleswimmer‌ we got disssssss