The M10 Freak Out Thread Applicants 2015

@boardingprep1213 Are you deciding between St. Paul’s and Mercersburg?
SPS is very much New England type, Mercersburg get most students from mid-atlantic states. SPS is more competitive in terms of academics and students. 100% boarding and most beautiful campus.

@payn4ward no, Mercersburg, Episcopal, Deerfield, Choate, Hill, and St Andrews. But I did consider applying to SPS before I saw the (something around) 10% acceptance rate X_X

@boardingprep1213

Location wise: Rural - Mercersburg, Deerfield, St. Andrews - these are isolated and far (except a tiny town nearby)
Urban - Choate, Hill - street malls nearby, walmart, etc. Episcopal - 10 minute drive to a big city, Washington DC.
Academics/student wise: Very competitive - Deerfield, Choate, St Andrews (100% boarding), probably Hill. (bigger school - Choate or Deerfield, smaller school then - SAS)
less competitive but good academics - Episcopal (100% boarding), Mercersburg
My DS’s top choices were Choate and St Andrew’s but he was not accepted, only waitlisted.

Oh wow I just got the SPS view book… months and a rejection later…

It’s fine :wink: they lost a great students, only person who should be sad is them :disagree:

haha thanks @Bulatt!

It just hit me that my username looks like the word “bullet” when really it’s an anime characters name!

haha! It’s okay I gotchu :wink:

Damn just got off the airplane… That was a looong flight.

@boardingprep1213‌ Deerfield, Mercersburg, and St. Andrew’s are all described above, in #3130, as rural and isolated. I’d probably agree about Deerfield, which I have been to, and also Mercersburg, which I am familiar with.

Regarding SAS, however, I would point out that Middletown is booming, both in population and retail. Loads of St. Andreans walk or bike the mile to the beginning of the strip malls that then stretch east and west. Big hits are Acme, Starbucks, Salad Works, and a Vietnamese restaurant. Within a short five-minute drive are all the big box stores, multiplex cinema, and loads more restaurants. These are useful almost every time a parent is in town (especially drop-off, after you’ve figured out what was left behind), and teachers will drive students to them as well.

Further afield, students are a half-hour drive to Wilmington, Washington College (Chestertown, MD), and U.Delaware (Newark, DE), whose cultural and educational opportunities are frequently made available. In sum, though St. Andrew’s has a campus with a rural feel, it really is not as isolated, in my opinion, as the other two schools.

It’s still spring break for you?!?! @mrnephew

I think school starts on Tuesday at L’ville.

That’s a pretty long break.

All TSAO schools start Tuesday I think

I still have to go a Model United Nations conference in New York and I get to miss the first day to school for a revisit day! I will never go back to school :stuck_out_tongue:

@boardingprep1213, Thacher’s official symbol is Pegasus but its mascot is Toad. It represents humility and quiet persistence. It also stands for “Teacher On Active Duty”

@Bulatt: I’m interested in joining Model UN this fall. What do you like the most about it?

@thelittleswimmer Well firstly, it looks GREAT on applications! And it’s just an overall great experience. I would say the thing I like most about it is meeting students from around the world, but also getting to be the voice of a certain country, it feels pretty cool :disagree: You should join!

Please never say that out loud again. That is never a good reason to join a club.

agreed @skieurope.