The M10 Freak Out Thread Applicants 2015

hey hey hey! 500th post goes to stargirl!

I think that the main source of me stressing over these admission results is that I cannot determine my chances. I cannot positively say that I have great chances at a particular school as the best of best may also get rejected.
What are the best ways to try to keep my mind of March 10 for a while( probably 1-2 weeks)?

@awesomev‌ DO YOU WANT TO LEARN ELVISH WITH ME

Sure! Why not? I have always wanted to learn elvish… I guess?

Am I the only one that has an M10 countdown clock?

People keep asking me if I found out from my schools yet but I have to tell them that we won’t know until March.

Great advice. :slight_smile:

Today, I found out the date I have to take the National Latin Exam. Anyone want to take a guess? M10. Yep. The excitement for the exam slowly left my face and then, I frantically texted my mom. Sigh.

Awww that must be terrible. @02gloves

@02gloves: Sorry for the bad timing/coincidence! I’m taking the National Latin Exam March 9.

I used to take latin. I had a crazy teacher. 1 day she came in and only 10 girls had done their homework and she started shouting
MYY BLOOOD IS LITERRALLY BOILINGGGG I WOULD GIVE YOU ALL DETENTION BUT THEY SAID I WASN’T ALLOWED TO!!!

I am going to Mexico with school so I’m trying to look forwards to that. I am also really focussing on my grades

@Stargirl3 and I are total bros :wink:

I’m trying not to psych myself out. Even if I don’t receive any acceptances, I’m happy I went through with this experience :slight_smile:

Hey everyone! Jeez, one of my recs still isn’t checked off in the online portal and it’s FREAKING ME OUT! I literally wouldn’t be worried about M10 at all if my application was definitely complete.

I know, my math rec for one of my schools isn’t checked… I’m really worried. :frowning: You’re not alone, @flavor.

Okay, math rec finally downloaded to school as of now. Phew.

@flavor Don’t worry too much, talk to your math teacher and ask if s/he has sent it. It could be that s/he actually forgot . Late items beyond your control won’t matter too much

Yeah, I’ve contacted my teacher and he has sent it in, by email nonetheless. Golly. Still not checked off. Worrisome because my math rec is probably going to be my best rec.

It’s going to get there, no matter how long it takes. You’re going to be fine.

Did anyone try to contact their student tour guides via email (at the schools I visited, the student tour guides gave me their emails to contact them if I have any questions)? I tried sending emails but instead got an error message saying that my email to them was “rejected by schoolname.edu’s domain” and also “Recipient address rejected: Access denied”?

I had a few more questions to ask them and also wanted to “keep in contact” because if I was accepted (hope so!) I would know at least someone there. :slight_smile: