The Official "I Got In!" Thread

<p>dude, that stinks, justaniceguy! I definitely think you would've been an asset to U Wisc. Once again, admissions is almost like a crapshoot. There really are no "automatic" acceptances. If one person doesn't like your application, pretty much you're out. Good luck in your other pursuits!</p>

<p>Nice guy, <<if i="" get="" denied="" by="" madison(which="" really="" shouldn't="" happen),="" will="" be="" attending="" community="" college="" for="" a="" while.="">> Sorry that did happen, but please tell me your not going to settle for community college because a top university denied you.....There are tons of other good colleges, that you are more than able to be accepted to. Plus, if you dont "hate" madison anymore, which i can understand a little anger towards them (i would be too), you stand a better chance of transfer if you go to another state or private university</if></p>

<p>Today my mom was angry and called to ask UW why I was denied, and here is what they said: "Your son had a fine GPA and ACT score, but his large number of extra curriculars showed no passion in a specific area. This makes us worry that he would not have passion in and stick with his major."
***???? I din those things because they made me WELL ROUNDED, and I ENJOYED THEM! Wow... maybe a guy can't be in musicals AND athletics without being "unpassionate."
WOW.</p>

<p>BTW... I will be attending Wake Forest. I will most likely transfer to UW for 2010-2011.</p>

<p>Wake forest is an awesome school on its own so dont get down on yourself!</p>

<p>Wake Forest may be awesome, but not even a MILLIONTH as awesome as Madison. All of my letters have come though, so I finally made a decision!
Heres what I got:
Accepted: Wake Forest, UNC Chapel Hill, NDSU
Denied: UW Madison:(, University of MN, Yale(just applied for the fun of it), and Ohio State.
Well, It's hit me that I'm not going to UW YET.. but I will EVENTUALLY!
For now, It's time to start learning about and getting excited for Wake Forest!
(None of the schools I got into have my major)</p>

<p>how did u get into UNC and denied by Minnesota and Ohio State?</p>

<p>My son was accepted this morning!! We're SO excited! He checked the site last night before bed and the status still said "reviewing." This morning he checked and it was changed to "Congratulations!" Wow...that was a loooong wait (applied online Sept 15)!</p>

<p>I totally agree with tomohka. How did that happen?? UNC and UW are my top schools. I visited Chapel Hill and it was incredible... You have just given me a lot of hope JustAniceGuy for UNC. Do you really prefer Wake over UNC though?</p>

<p>BTW: Sorry about your rejection from Madison. You totally deserve to get in, especially with the obvious passion you have for the school. Good luck with your other options.</p>

<p>justaniceguy: i too, question how you got into unc and got denied by minnesota and ohio state, and even wisconsin for that matter. were you a legacy there or something? i mean, awesome job, it's just that getting into unc OOS is like ivy-league standards, and your GPA and ACT were well below their avg.</p>

<p>dont count out WF. it is an excellent school with a superb reputation. go in there with a clear mind, and make the most of it. if you still want to transfer, i encourage you to do so. but make the most of what it has to offer, there are few places like it in the country. congrats on your acceptances, and best of luck in the future!</p>

<p>trn99 - congrats to your son!</p>

<p>niceguy - are you an incoming freshman? I ask this, because I thought UNC decisions for incoming freshman aren't made until January. What is your major? Best of luck to you.</p>

<p>oregonian: they arent, but likely letters have already been sent out.</p>

<p>Yeah, I'll Clarify:</p>

<p>I didn't get into the U of M because I applied to the U's Institute of Technology, and its admission guidelines are ivy-like.
I have no clue why I didn't get into Ohio State. That's where I was going to go if I got denied by UW.
UNC... I applied to it as a reach right away, and I believe the reason I got in was my 3 pages of EC's. My dad got his Masters there, and my sister is currently attending.
and then NDSU Vs. WF... WF is obviously the best choice.</p>

<p>Ahh legacy...that explains it.</p>

<p>justaniceguy...I suggest you call OSU and make sure they made the correct decision because I got in easily with stats slightly lower than yours.</p>

<p>justaniceguy.... btw how could you of heard from UNC and wake... UNC's early action/ early decision notification is january 1st and wake doesnt start sending out acceptances until december 15.... you can even check on those school's discussions... nobody has heard from either school.... just wonderin</p>

<p>bravo: if you read like three posts back you would have seen that i wrote that likely letters have already been sent out by unc. not everyone admitted gets one, but a large number do. the actual acceptances arent sent out until jan. though.</p>

<p>yea but he said he was accepted; a likely letter isn't an acceptance... and what about wake? i was just wondering</p>

<p>We hear from UNC on Jan. 31 not Jan 1. If you check out the UNC board, there is a huge thread about likely letters... Enough of this though this is a Wisconsin board!!!</p>

<p>bravo, a likely letter is only sent if they are sure you will be accepted; they have already reviewed your app. unless you do something incredibly stupid, you will get in. look on the unc board for more info.</p>