The Official "I Got In!" Thread

<p>I was rejected by Stanford last night and really bumed but just heard back from Wisco.
From the student center:
Congratulations! You have been admitted to the University of Wisconsin. We have mailed your official letter of admission and admission materials.
Legit</p>

<p>does the website tell you if you get differed or rejected or only acceptances? and then if you dont get in or differed you receive the decision in the mail? how does it work.</p>

<p>tonii: not sure</p>

<p>dafunk: dont worry about stanford, 90% of the applicants get rejected. wisconsin is an awesome school, superior to stanford in several subject areas in fact. good luck!</p>

<p>Finally admitted, submitted my application on 10/15, school sent stuff on 10/31, dont know when it was checked in online...</p>

<p>Indian Male, from MN
SAT: 780 M / 760 V / 780 W
ACT: 34
GPA: 4.0 UW
Class Rank: 5/389</p>

<p>^^lol @DaFunk, I got rejected from Stanford on friday too...and then today I checked Wisconsin and was accepted...</p>

<p>Congrats to all accepted. my daughter was accepted as well. Still waiting on some other schools, but she was excited to hear!!</p>

<p>Accepted earlier this morning! It took a while, but I guess the wait was well worth it. Made the school day go by quick! Here are my stats if anybody wants to compare...</p>

<p>3.8UW/4.2W
28ACT
Top 10%
From IL
Decent ECs/Good essays </p>

<p>I am so excited, UW is a HUGE possibility for me...Have to focus my attention on dorms now. Congrats to all others accepted</p>

<p>Congratulations, Vlad!! That should make the holidays a little less stressful!</p>

<p>Congrats, Vlad! When did you apply?</p>

<p>I submitted the online application on Oct. 30. My high school materials were sent 2 or 3 weeks prior to that.</p>

<p>OMG I GOT IN!!!</p>

<p>It was my safety but still.</p>

<p>GPA UW: 3.85
ACT: 30
Rank 11/120</p>

<p>Applied 11/10ish</p>

<p>congrats to all!!!</p>

<p>im in!</p>

<p>in-state
W GPA: 4.3 (sorry, i dont know unweighted but ive gotten all a's except maybe four A-'s)
ACT: 32

<p>applied 10/24</p>

<p>I'm IN! I'm 95% sure that I'll be attending UW-Madison next year. I'm so excited!</p>

<p>Transcripts, recommendations, and other materials sent in mid-October.
Online application submitted 10/31.
Accepted 12/21.</p>

<p>Stats:
OOS (From IL)
GPA: 3.64W (3.60UW)
ACT: 32
ECs:
-Volunteer tutor for all four years of high school
-Business Professionals of America state qualifier all four years
-I've had two jobs. I've had my current job since May of my sophomore year.
Essay:
Good, talked about volunteering as a tutor in a bad area of Chicago. Maybe it wasn't that unique, but I thought it was a decent essay. Ran it by two different English teachers.
Recs:
Very good
Other:
Both parents are UW-M grads.</p>

<p>does UW like legacies?</p>

<p>It's definitely not as important as your GPA, course load, ACT scores, or essay, but alumni relation is considered. If you're on the edge like I was, it may be enough to make a difference. </p>

<p>I guess there's no way to tell, but if my parents weren't UW alum, I suspect that I may have been deferred due to my below-UW-average GPA.</p>

<p>congrats chuck, what a great christmas present lol!</p>

<p>well chuck, i hope not. My sats are similar to yours 3.73 weighted (3.5 unweigthed) and 1350/1990 sat (which is like wat, 31 on ACT?) and i have no alumni affiliation. So hopefully i won't get deffered.</p>

<p>BTW am i likely to not hear back from them soon? since it is over christmas/holiday break, they probably won't be making many decsions again till january, right? I'm really anxious to hear back...</p>

<p>I got in!
Finally after waiting and waiting...
I'm really glad! I just saw my status changing to "Congratulations!"
yesterday!</p>

<p>OOS
SAT: 1440/2020 GPA: 3.6 top 10%
applied 11/14</p>

<p>I got in too! yey! </p>

<p>3.63 unweighted gpa, 1370/2030 SAT, 28 ACT
the E.C.s weren't very numerous, really just speech and debate and math tutoring.</p>

<p>I was worried my cheesy and lengthy, wordy essays would blow my chances, good thing they didn't (hey, maybe they even liked em..)</p>

<p>Anyhow, this is one of my top choices but its a hefty price tag compared to instate or U of Minnesota..don't know if I'll attend just yet.</p>