The Official "I Got In!" Thread

<p>UW basically gives MN residents in-state tuition</p>

<p>which would great if I lived in Minnesota. lol. U of M is a lot cheaper for me because I got the Gold Scholarship there, which is their instate tuition scholarship.</p>

<p>UW is only 1.5k more per year I believe, so that would make it under 20k/year</p>

<p>Undergraduate</a> Admissions at the University of Wisconsin-Madison </p>

<p>not according to the chart. But hey, maybe aid will come through, you never know. Beyond that, i've heard that you get more aid in your later years at U of W.</p>

<p>Oh, I missed your post saying you didn't live in MN, lol. I saw "in-state" and "U of Minnesota" right next to each other in your earlier post, sorry.</p>

<p>I'm in too!
ACT: 34
GPA: 3.93 unweighted
Top 10% of class</p>

<p>I'm accepted as well! It's a safety school, but it's still awesome that somebody wants you to go to their school. Especially because I won't hear from anywhere else until April. :(</p>

<p>In-state
Father is an alum
32 ACT
Not sure what my UW GPA is, probably around 3.9-4.0
rank 3/292</p>

<p>Congrats to all, Madison is a great town!</p>

<p>I got in today :D</p>

<p>OOS, 3.6-3.7 UW, 32 ACT</p>

<p>its Madison vs. Rutgers (instate, 7.5k/year)...if Rutgers wasn't giving me money I'd take Madison in a heartbeat, but I'll have to visit to see</p>

<p>SubMachineNips:</p>

<p>when did you apply???</p>

<p>App. submitted around 11/15....my transcript was sent Dec 4th I believe, my status changed to "Being reviewed" on Jan 3rd. Pretty quick decision I must say, thankfully I'm out of state else I'd have been waiting much longer.</p>

<p>submachinenips: where are you from?</p>

<p>ugh, yeah that was lame, how in-staters had to wait longer.</p>

<p>My friend is freaking out, she STILL hasn't heard back yet. She sent hers late november/early december I think.</p>

<p>I've been waiting since October 31st. Sometimes I forget I applied...</p>

<p>Okay, I don't, but it's felt like centuries!</p>

<p>Really? I applied November 18th, and saw I had gotten in online on January 5th. They sent me housing information before my acceptance letter in the mail, so that gave me a clue.</p>

<p>Have you checked online lately? You might want to call in, just in case.</p>

<p>emsitty: NJ</p>

<p>oops never mind, my friend just found out she was accepted today! I hope you all find out soon!</p>

<p>Accepted!!!</p>

<p>One of the first I was really excited about.</p>

<p>1400 Sat
4.18 gpa</p>

<p>from Arizona</p>

<p>Hey, Tim, congrats! I got in as well on Friday. Besides ND, what other schools did you apply to?</p>

<p>hey ill PM, K</p>

<p>Woo, I'm in! I'm from Kentucky...I guess I'd better bring a coat. </p>

<p>Anyone else from far away?</p>