The Official "I Got In!" Thread

<p>aramin- you need to visit any school you plan to attend. All the brochures won't give you the realities of a campus. Make sure you don't visit during spring break- check the website for that info.</p>

<p>mechales- if all the private schools used rolling admissions you may get passed over in a first-come-first-served world, be thankful they give everyone who applys by the deadline equal consideration. You may notice some UW applicants are still on the bubble as the school waited to be sure the top applicants who applied just before the deadline would have a place. </p>

<p>Consider the academic challenge, the academic level of the student body, climate...when choosing which school to attend.</p>

<p>Decision:in!!!!!!!!!!!!!(found out today!!)
Stats:
• SAT:1860
• SAT II’s:math2:720,chem:640,korean800
• ACT:n/a
• GPA:3.7(uw),3.9(w)
• Other Stats:
Subjective:came to the state 2 years ago when i was soph,
• Teacher Recs:above average(1 full page)
• Counselor Rec:above average(1 full page)
• Hook:....
• Legacy:....
Location/Person:
• State or Country:ca
• School Typeublic
• Ethnicity:asian
Other Factors:
• Extracurriculars:band,soccer,community service(150+),track,mathlete
• Why you think you were accepted/rejected:just average student...
going to attend???not really...</p>

<p>Congratulations to you! Hope we get some more acceptances in this thread VERY soon!</p>

<p>aramin: UW has a better academic rep...</p>

<p>Just found out that I got in! My first acceptance! Sent in my app on Jan 20, but didn't send in a transcript for a couple college classes I took over the summer until a week or so (I think) later.</p>

<p>Accepted on February 6. =] I'm so excited about going there. I love Madison.</p>

<p>Now only the bucket loads of cash to get together.</p>

<p>Applied on 13dec and now it says:
"NOTE: Admissions decisions for Fall 2008 have been made. You will be notified of the decision by the first week in March. "</p>

<p>why don't they tell me now whether I have been accepted/rejected? That notice makes me feel I won't get in. But anyway already got in to Purdue and U of Utah and wil go to Purdue, unless they offer me some fin. aid at UW.</p>

<p>Good luck to you all!</p>

<p>accepted, found out today. I got offers from three UK unis and McGill so I'll have to think about where to go...and still waiting for 6 other unis.</p>

<p>I think you've been postponed PetoSVK.</p>

<p>I found out that I got in last week :) they got back to me really fast! (2 weeks)</p>

<p>heartless_tin: I'm looking at McGill too! :) I'm still waiting from them though =/ along with 5 other colleges</p>

<p>OOS VA
1500/2110 SAT
3.7 GPA
Lots of Debate stuff, still waiting on scholarships</p>

<p>Accepted a couple of weeks ago (I think...it was the first time I checked my status since i applied), I applied in early December</p>

<p>OOSish (minnesota)
31 ACT
3.7ish UW GPA
Lots of leadership, three big ECs I devote a lot of time to and some other small ones</p>

<p>It was a "safety" but one of those safeties that I truly love.</p>

<p>I just got in. </p>

<p>OOS Illinois</p>

<p>34 ACT</p>

<p>Regular Weighted
2.9091 3.5759
457/744 247/744</p>

<p>see you guys in fall.</p>

<p>2pacaintdead, were you originally postponed? or did you just hear back?</p>

<p>Congrats btw!!</p>

<p>congrats all!!!</p>

<p>I was postponed originally. I just heard on saturday. They actually didn't recieve my teacher reccomendation until friday. lol</p>

<p>I wonder if the postponement had to do with your high test scores but poor grades (unweighted, of course)- I'll bet your teachers must have given information that reassured UW that you will be able to do the work and be successful. To all those who never get the good news- enjoy the school you do go to next year and do well - you may be a transfer later.</p>

<p>question: did you all receive your financial package along with the "congrad" letter? (as in the same package)</p>

<p>thanks</p>

<p>No, but not all of my financial aid documents were sent in at the time.</p>

<p>uhh, i accidently got locked out of my account a while ago and now i dont even remember my username... anyway to find out?</p>