The Official M10 2020 Freakout Thread

I got into my dream school but not enough financial aid :(. public school i guess! haha

SPS is out!

any new 10th graders for Exeter?

@avilynnnn I got accepted for 10th, but i don’t think i’ll end up going :((

Waitlisted at SPS. I only have Hotckhkiss. It’s over for me. I have been waitlisted at every school so far.

@sunshine314 I highly doubt the coronavirus would change decision outcome. The virus will be gone by September. If you are applying for a job, maybe the employer would use his/her bias against you, not schools in this case. Schools look at the longer term and have buckets to fill. I am just worried some campus revisit may be delayed.

My son needs to WAKE UP already because he set up the portals for Loomis & St. Paul’s and I can’t access them :frowning:

Accepted: Webb, Lawrence
Waitlisted: Thacher, Blair
Rejected: Andover, Choate, Middlesex, Millbrook

Peddie is 5pm!

waitlisted

@soo2024 same boat. we can do it!! hopefully

@soo2024 Don’t give up. Keep your hopes high.

@Sleepingatlast thank you!

DS was also wait-listed at Episcopal and the message we received was…

“Please be advised that if you have applied for financial aid, both a space and financial aid need to become available before we could offer you admission to Episcopal.”

So it sounds like an applicant may improve their chances by removing FA application (just a theory based on nothing more than speculation)

@avilynnnn You need to alphabetize your list haha

@3171Apples Thanks

does anyone remember that thread about the person who said something about everyone not thinking theyre going to be denied everywhere but they were and it was like a motivational thing

idk id just like that sort of right now

@mondaydevil

I am praying for us and everyone on CC. I am so worried.

@mondaydevil Do not worry!! Head high and fight it through! It’s not over yet!

And good luck to ALL as you move through today, there’s going to be a huge spectrum of emotions on here, but just focus on you.

@soo2024 its really concerning. im beginning to look at rolling admission schools to see if any would be good.

@ttK5050 thank you!! what are your results so far?

Waitlisted at Millbrook

@mondaydevil

Phillips Exeter Academy = Accepted
The Thacher School = Accepted
Phillips Academy Andover = Waitlisted (IMO, it’s because of my interview)

Good luck all! ???