The Official M10 2020 Freakout Thread

Hi, all! I hope your day is going well!

Wow, looking at the posts it looks like we’re a tad cheesed off from all the stress of today. :wink: Thank you @enpassant2019 for your kind words, but I feel like there are many other qualified applicants who schools pass over in favor of who they believe might be ‘the right fit.’

But I think that we can all agree that those who got in are well deserving of it! :smile:

Thank you again to everyone! Good luck and happy tidings!

@PhotographerMom – The list was indeed very strategic, thanks to the generosity of so many CC folks who have gone before us. We could tell you exactly why every single school on our long list of 12 was there. And that is in part thanks to you all sharing wisdom.

Also, a discussion for another time on the how’s and why’s , but some may remember that my DD tanked her first SSAT in November. And ended up barely getting an 80, no hooks, partial FA. We are so grateful and thrilled to have ended up with options that are perfect for her, and we fully realize this could have easily gone another way.

In fact, I had already done the research on Plan B’s (again, thx to @PhotographerMom), and was ready to launch into action on that.

If you are in a situation where you need a plan B, know that you are cheered on by many here. And come September 1, it WILL NOT MATTER whether you got in on M10 or A25. It will take some work. But it’s not over unless you decide you want it to be over. (Which is totally OK too! BS isn’t the only road to Rome!)

Either way, never forget: YOU CAN DO HARD THINGS.

@ens2006 congratulations on MB! PM’ing you

Congratulations everyone who got good news! I’m pretty sure Hotchkiss decisions will come out at 5:00 p.m. EST so hoping for the best for everyone who applied!!

@Calliemomofgirls Thats amazing!! Congratulations on your daughter’s acceptances

Quick question about the waitlist. I was wl’ed at SPS and I was wondering if it’s a soft rejection? Should I keep hope alive or view it as a rejection?

When are Emma Willard decisions coming? I thought it was at 4 but I’m hearing they haven’t arrived yet.

@ttK5050 Congratulations - you have a truly rare gift and you did get accepted into the very best places - east & west - for nurturing it. Either would be fantastic. Wish you a happy choice.

@petrichor …Yes u can ask for more.

@Projects2Prep Really? How much? Also, should I call or email? I’m sure they’re really busy right now.

@enpassant2019 No apology needed. The “snark” was 2 fold.
Alas, very big of you to do so and clearly speaks to the highly regarded placement you and your child deservedly received! All the best!

@lulicardoso @JouleMom2020 The Ravenna Portal is now showing CSW results.

They’ve also sent out an email with link to their welcome video + accepted students page.

:smile:

@petrich0r …I would wait to speak to someone. Not sure of your need but i wouldn’t push too hard. Hope this gives some help

I’m waiting for my final decisions at 5 pm… I got one acceptance so far but I got waitlisted for FA. I hope that I can get into a school that gives at least partial aid so that my family can afford it.
Good luck to everyone and congrats for acceptances!

@bookgirl16 , Congratulations!. I am from Africa too.

Thanks @stalecookies DS got Waitlisted for FA.
We’re waiting on one more decision, but he did get accepted into Dublin with FA ?

Waitlisted at hotchkiss :neutral: It’s ok though

Final tally was 2-2-8, ouch! He did get accepted to one of his favorite schools, but his dad isn’t totally sold on it.

Final tally 1-2-4 which isn’t bad!

Congrats to @Calliemomofgirls and everyone else who has an acceptance! As you may know, I have a 10th grader at Mercersburg and we all love the school. Hope to see some of you there in the fall!

I had not been contributing to this thread, but I do have an 8th grader who applied to one, single school as a day student. He was set against boarding, but did apply as a day student to a local BS that is rarely mentioned on CC. Today we were thrilled to learn that he was accepted with a merit scholarship that will cover 40% of his tuition! He is so excited to be starting there in the fall!