The Official M10 2020 Freakout Thread

@LeeLeeB can you please post the link to the thread?

@CrackersCrayons My best wishes to you and your daughter. It seems like you’re staying strong through these especially tough times.

@dejectedreject I’ll quote @LeeLeeB here for her beautifully put advice :smile:: “Some things now that don’t seem to have a reason…could end up taking you down the path that will lead to the most beautiful happiness and love you can imagine.” I wish you the best with whatever you choose to do from here, and I’m sure wherever you are you’ll do just as good as from in a BS if not better. :smile:

@ttK5050 thank you so much, and congratulations on being accepted to Exeter!

@TheHappinessFund YAAAAAAAAAYYY! So proud of u!!! Congratssssss!!!

What a roller coaster day!

First off let me say CONGRATULATIONS all those who received good news today there are way too many to list so pardon the ‘general’ congrats.

To those (like us) who did not receive the news they wanted, know that you put in the effort and sometimes things do not pan out the way we want them to.

4 waitlists and 1 denied was where we landed… Now I’m off to read the waitlist thread :wink:

hey guys! I was just wondering if there was a stats thread for this year and if so, what is it called lol?

@avilynnnn If I recall correctly, it’s the same title as this year, just with 2019 instead of 2020

so is it like m10 stats 2020?

@mondaydevil - How did you end up?

It has been a long day but it is finally done and DS (and we) are happy and relieved.

For DS - 9th grade

• Accepted - Exeter, Choate, Groton, Middlesex
  • WL - Andover, Deerfield, SPS
  • Reject - Lawrenceville

Leaning towards Exeter I think.

Congratulations to all who got in and for the WL best wishes!

Thanks for the insights and information.

@PhotographerMom at my local charter school B)

I got waitlisted at all of my schools, except for Andover, where I got rejected. I drafted a first choice letter to Concord and accepted all of the other waitlist spots. We’ll see how it ends!

@avilynnnn
http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/prep-school-admissions/2177479-2020-prep-school-stats-ecs-thread.html#latest
There is also 2020 Prep School Decisions

@mondaydevil - I’m so sorry about today, but I do like your style - and I bet it was a FC - WL letter for the ages. Keep us posted and I will keep my fingers crossed for you !! ?

@PhotographerMom Actually, would you be willing to proofread it before I send it in?

@mondaydevil - I would be delighted. Send it over when it’s ready!

DD had a big day today! Accepted to St. Paul’s, Blair, Kent, Deerfield, Lawrenceville, St. George’s, and Taft. We’re so proud :slight_smile:

Waitlisted: Andover Exeter Hotchkiss
Rejected: Taft Loomis Choate
Kind of sad that there was no acceptance letter, but i guess it was to be expected due to the competition for asian males needing 70-80% financial aid.
However, with that said, good luck to everyone! Hope everyone gets in to their dream school! Just know that you may be initially disappointed, but it will always work out in the end even if you don’t get in. Boarding school isn’t everything there is in life!
<3

@proudmama2023 Congrats to your daughter! That’s the first acceptance I’ve seen to St. Paul’s!!

Accepted:
NMH, Lawrenceville, Hotchkiss, Choate, Andover, Middlesex, Loomis and Taft
Waitlisted:
SPS and Deerfield

Guys I just wanted to say that I’ve been watching this progress over the last few months and you guys really gave me confidence when I was freaking out !

Accepted: Middlesex, SPS, Choate, Thacher
Waitlisted, Andover, Cate
Rejected: none

The process is going to work itself out and come September everyone will have found a spot where they are happy! I’m so excited for all of you and thanks so much for helping me through this!