The Official M10 2020 Freakout Thread

Congrats everyone!!

@3171Apples

I also got into Winsor! Waitlisted at Milton. What schools are you leaning towards?

So “Truth and Courage” for you instead of “Truth and Gentle Deeds”. :smiley:

Sounds like he has at least one good option!

Accepted: none
Rejected: Andover
Waitlisted: Groton, Deerfield.

Feeling ?

Hi guys,

I was just wondering. Who you choose Lawrenceville or Hotchkiss?

Thank you.

Waitlisted: Andover, Exeter, Choate

DD was accepted at Cate, Mercersburg, Episcopal and 2 local schools. Deciding between Cate & Mercersburg!

Will someone read over my FA letter? (basically where I beg for more FA but in a polite manner)
I will send the one I made for Exeter

@petrich0r I’ll be glad to read it over if that helps!

hey (to you and anyone who’s in the same boat here) it’s gonna be alright. There’s always next year, and by then you will be much more experienced, capable, and strong. Maybe the next app cycle will be your cycle, or maybe the one after that. Heck, it might not ever come, but you’ll still thrive at whichever high school you end up at. But most of all, just breathe now. Tell the schools you are willing to stay on the waitlist then put it all to a side right now. Go spend time learning something new, or further exploring something you love doing, or just chilling with your friends. When I came home today I (with another friend who’s also in this situation) ate half a (small) tub of ice cream, some ramen, and pizza then watched random youtube stuff. Do what makes you happy.

@petrich0r I’m doing the same thing, but my parents are gonna try to contact the financial aid office tomorrow. I wish you the best of luck! I’m really nervous cause all I need is the extra financial aid and I can officially attend my bs!

@applyingthisyear thank you so much! Check your inbox :slight_smile:

@ezpeaohgee didn’t see your post until now! Agh we are totally in the same boat. I’m super nervous too- and a little crushed as well :slight_smile:
What grade are you applying for?

@petrichor11 feel free to hmu with your letter. i would love to help you out :slight_smile:

@petrich0r Yeah… we’ve both came really close, but it’s just the money. I’m sure we’ll both be fine though! These schools have a lot of money and at least I hope they can spare a couple more thousand. Oh I applied as a 9th grade boarders. What about you?

Oof now that I reread that I sound really jerky… sorry that I came off that way?

@1 Kiwi 1

i got rejected at L’ville and accepted at Hkiss. Personally, if given the choice i would probably choose Hkiss. At the end of the day its your decision! it just depends which one you think is a better “fit”.

And congrats on the good news!

Hi all! I’m definitely going to boarding school next year, and i need a little bit of help.

I’m from FL, and I have no clue what type of cold weather clothes i need to get/ where i could get them during the summer time down in the south.

Hi there,

I got into Lawrenceville and Hotchkiss but I can’t choose which school to go to. I would like to go to the school with the better STEM program.

Are there any current L’ville or Hotchkiss students on this forum who can share their experiences of STEM at either L’ville or Hotchkiss?

Or any parents who have children who chose between L’ville and Hotchkiss, and what their final decision was and why?

Thank you so much.

@petrich0r I would gladly look it over! Feel free to PM it to me anytime.