The Official M10 2021 Freakout Thread

same, i really thought my app was good but I got rejected at every school and now I feel awful

2 Likes

Congratulations to all of you. Decisions for my son for 9th.

Rejected -

Andover

Deerfield

Exeter

Waitlisted -

Blair

NMH

Peddie

Hotchkiss

Accepted -

Kent

Loomis Chaffee

5 Likes

ugh i was only accepted to kent and my parents don’t like kent so that means i’m stuck at my TERRIBLE lps if i don’t get off of any waitlists. great.

Who’s ready to go to their awful racist LPS?!

Congrats from a Deerfield family​:golf::+1:!

Lol sure I guess

aaaaa I’m so scared. Someone is supposed to text me my decisions, but I’m not getting anything yet (so maybe I got rejected everywhere so far lol)

1 Like

Luckily I have my current school and another local private school, but I feel so disappointed. I knew my chances weren’t high, or even big enough to be considered small, but I guess I still expected to get in. Everyone expected me to get in, even my mom who’s been through this process before. And this comes right after I absolutely failed a huge test…am I just not good enough?!

1 Like

that’s the spirit! (ironically my school is notorious for not having any)

To everyone who is feeling really sad rn, I am so sorry today didn’t turn out how you wanted. But this doesn’t mean all your hard work has to go to waste! You can still apply next year and even the year after that. And by then, you will be so familiar with the application process that you can make it even stronger. Remember that todays results do not determine who you are, and how hard you worked. Proud of all of you!

6 Likes

Keep in mind schools have twice as many applicants this year and the acceptance rate has halved.

1 Like

I just got into Choate!!! :star_struck:

8 Likes

Of course you’re good enough!!! More than good enough! There are plenty of REALLY good applicants who get rejected/waitlisted from the best schools!! That doesn’t mean you’re bad at all!!! For example, I bet you play the viola very well!

2 Likes

Don’t say that! A lot of this comes down to how many spots a school has. It’s got nothing to do with you not being good enough :’(
Are you still waiting on any schools?

Waitlisted thacher, hotchkiss, choate, exeter, cate

you are more than enough, don’t ever put yourself down! these schools are highly selective, and you definitely had a chance. There were many factors out of your control playing into admissions, so don’t beat yourself up. We are all so proud of your hard work, remember to just enjoy yourself, and there is always next year!

2 Likes

Hotchkiss rejected, Exeter accepted

3 Likes

I feel the same way, I just think that if I was good enough I would have at least been waitlisted right? Not just straight up rejection

pretty disaPPOINTED

there is no good enough. you are all amazing in your own unique ways, you all are so much more than good enough. don’t put yourself down just because of rejection. this is just a minor setback in the long run!

3 Likes