The Official M10 2021 Freakout Thread

Yup.

Thanks mom and dad. That was your BS tuition at work. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

i do! i’m a beginner so i’m slow but i can at least lol

I’m not sure if you have said this before, but may I ask which BS you went to?

I know you aren’t asking me (mom) about the Rubik’s cube. But my DD3 is a crazy-Rubik’s cube solver, and has massive ones that she solves either by speed solving (timing herself to break records, or competing against someone on YouTube or whatever) or by closing her eyes and doing it blind. She has all the weird shapes too. It’s low-key crazy to watch. And she has all the fingers working, like her pinky is moving something on the bottom while her index finger is moving the top a different way and its so coordinated and cool to watch actually.

3 Likes

This might be a little after the fact, but I’m a dancer and applying to SPS!! I applied last year and did an audition and it was sooo hilarious (and fun). Ms. Lydon taught one of my friends and teachers, who was a professional at my company, when she was in ABT studio company. Ms. Lydon accepted me into the ballet company, but I got waitlisted at the school; we’ll see what happens this year ahahaha

1 Like

love cubing! i wanted to do a competition this year but :frowning:

I’ve always wanted to learn how to solve those cubes! Perhaps some day I learn how to do so!

Good luck! I wish I could have experienced an in-person audition :confused:

I should NOT be rereading last year’s freakout thread- it makes me want to go to bs even more than I already do.

1 Like

I’m also guilty of that :sweat_smile:. Most of the previous M10 freakout threads are interesting; however, there is one which I find to be pretty gloomy: the 2015 thread! You should definitely check it out (if you haven’t already), but beware! It’s not exactly the most encouraging…

Same!

I spent the last few hours reading the 2015 Freakout Thread and yep, I agree, definitely not the most encouraging

I’m starting to realize how close M10 is… and especially M9 because that’s when MPS is sending out admissions decisions. TWELVE DAYS!!!

It’s hard to believe that at some point there were 50 days until M10. It’s so closeeeeee I can’t

I know right! It’s insane

What are your predictions for M10. Mine are
Loomis: Accepted
Taft : Accepted
Cushing : Accepted
Middlesex : Accepted
Deerfield: Waitlist
Hotchkiss:Waitlist
Andover:Reject
Exeter:Waitlist but I have a feeling ill get accepted
Concord: Waitlist
St Pauls; rejected
Choate: Waitlists
Lville-Rejected

1 Like

Hopeful Predictions
Loomis: WL
L’ville: WL/Accept
Taft : Accepted
Middlesex : WL
Deerfield: Rejected
Hotchkiss:Waitlist
Andover: Waitlist/Accepted on a prayer
Exeter: Reject
Concord: Waitlist
St Pauls: def rejected, decided to apply on jan 15 lol
Choate: Rejected
Milton: Rejected

1 Like

Exeter: Rejected
Andover: Waitlist
Choate: Rejected
Lville: DEFINITELY REJECTED LOL
Hotchkiss: Rejected/Accepted (probably a reject LOL)
Deerfield: Rejected

(And I’m being extraaaaaaa pessimistic just in case it actually happens :’))

I mean…hopefully accepted at all lol. I honestly have no idea though and I’m really scared.
On top of that, I have literally fifteen minutes to write something for the yearbook and I don’t think I can? So I’m worried about five things now, whee.

Mine are
Choate: Accepted (great interview, good essay)
SAS: Accepted (great interview, good essays)
Deerfield: WL/Accepted (good interview, great essay)
Andover: Rejected (decent interviews and essays)
Exeter: Rejected/ WL (decent interviews and essays)
SPS: Rejected (average interview and good essays)
Groton: WL (average interview and essay)

I’m being slightly pessimistic

St. Paul’s: WL (great interview, decent essays)
Hotchkiss: Rejected (good interview, okay essays)
Exeter: WL (decent interview, great essays)
Andover: WL (great interview, good essays)
L’ville: WL/Accepted (good interview, good essays)