The Official M10 2021 Freakout Thread

I am so massively worrying over M10 because to be honest I’m literally not a good candidate at all and my chances are super extra uber low D:
Right now I’m just preparing too many stuffed animals and tissues to cry with during M10 (Thank goodness most of my apps are done cause I am definitely suffering from severe burnout)
Honestly I would be surprised if I even get waitlisted anywhere :’)
Thanks for listening to my rant haha

Honestly let’s just forget about M10 for a while. At this point, theres nothing you can do! And I’m sure you did perfectly fine.

Just push through to finish the last of those applications and then you’ll be done!! You can do this (:

A!
lol I can’t brain.exe doesn’t work please send help :'D
YEEE GOOD LUCK TO ALLLLLL
big frekoot
hope I did good but honestly reading my essays over they’re very stereotypical =/
EVERYONE CAN DO THIS WOO GOOD LUCK!!! FINAL PUSH!!
Also, when is everyone submitting their apps/final parts? I’m probably submitting tomorrow or Thursday just in case something bad happens D:

I’m going to finish all of my essays tonight (ive been telling myself that for the last few days though), send them to my friend for final peer review, revise them one last time and hopefully submit it by thursday. Do you know if there’s a specific time on the 15th applications are due?

A
Good idea =P
I don’t know but I’m going to assume it’s either 12:00 AM or 11:59 PM

1 Like

@mondaydevil as @pearlescentrose says, unless the school specifies a time, it is usually at 11:59 pm, so you have the entire day of the 15th.

Just push through— you’ve got this!

1 Like

Glad to be finished. Thanks to all of you for your words of support and wish you all the best while we wait!
(parent of 8th grade boy applying for 9th)

HK, L’ville, and Choate applicant!

May or may not have made a big mistake on my applicant profile, flippy. =)

Welcome!!

Oh no have you emailed them?

yes haha

I’m so not going to get into any…
I applied to:
Deerfield
Blaine
Choate
Exeter
Willard
Porters
Northwood
(List is in order by preference)
I didn’t take the SSAT but I think I might and I’ll just submit the scores late if their good. My interviews so far have been fantastic. The conversation was smooth/easy and the AOs all thought that I was impressive and a good fit. Couldn’t schedule Deerfield’s interview yet :frowning: I’ve been in touch several times and was referred to a fully booked website that doesn’t seem user friendly. AHHHHHH IM GONNA GET REJECTED BY ALL OF THEM BECAUSE IM OK BUT IM NOT AS GOOD AS A OTHER PEOPLE

AHH OMG NO YOU’RE GOING BE OKAY!!!

1. You have a wide range of schools!!!
  2. You had great interviews, that’s never a bad thing (:

I don’t know much else about you but I know you’re going to end up somewhere you want to be. And don’t compare yourself to other people omgggg we’re all great applicants

we can do this!!!

2 Likes

teehee submitted my apps
heart beating too hard to sleep
Also realized most of my essays are really c r i n g e but too late to fix it now
Time to worry over it for the next 56 days :sob:
Then get rejected :sob:
Then cry for the next 7 days :sob:

D finally submitted everything! She still has a few thank you notes to write to coaches etc who keep reaching out. Anyone else applying to:
Millbrook
Tabor
Berkshire
Pomfret
Williston
Suffield

M10 seems like an eternity away!

Hi @Parkview25,
I’m applying to Millbrook and believe it or not my interview is in a couple of hours! I applied last year and was waitlisted so hopefully I get better news this time around. That said the rest of the schools on my list are definitely not as competitive so I’m confident I’ll get in somewhere(knock on wood!).
For five of my eight schools I’ll be getting a decision before M10. One as early as February 1st(an Early Action notification) and the rest will be filtering throughout February because they use rolling admissions. Then three on M10!That’s definitely a plus in some aspects but also a negative in some aspects because it’s like having a month long M10.

I’m applying to Tabor!

Oh no, 55 days! I am 100% getting rejected everywhere.

Hello, everyone! I slightly forgot about CC so I’m here late. I’m applying to 16 schools… mostly because I got waitlisted everywhere last year, and don’t want that to happen again. But yea… I’m so scared!