The Official M10 2023 Freakout Thread

Ok since someone (who doesn’t appear to be a BS relation) started this then deleted it, I will go ahead and throw it out there since the first deadlines are approaching in 10 days.

Have fun!

4 Likes

We are in for (no order):

The Hun
Deerfield
Exeter
Andover
Iolani (mama’s preference :wink:)
Choate
Peddie
Local Day School (2)
Mercersburg

Most are just to see, he doesn’t really care to go away and some were just ok in his opinion. We will see if that changes M10 for him.

3 Likes

Oh hey! Here’s mine (order from my absolute dream school to schools I think are cool)

3 of the schools are coming before m10 infact one is coming February 24. (uhoh) I will share my results and best of luck to everyone else!!

Lawrenceville
Peddie
Philips Exeter Academy
Newark Academy
Trinity school
Philips Andover Academy
Choate Rosemary Hall
riverdale

Let’s get through this together!
:saluting_face:

2 Likes

This is my list

Phillips Exeter Academy
St. Marks School
Concord Academy
Middlesex School
Deerfield Academy
St. Paul’s School
The Hill School
The Loomis Chaffee School
The Masters School
Thacher School

Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

Can you wait until you find out after M10 if you get into the others or is the decision earlier, too?

My daughter has applied for 9th grade to:

Proctor Academy
Pomfret
Miss Porter’s
Emma Willard
Millbrook
Suffield

Good luck to everyone!

4 Likes

What do you mean? I am just gonna check decisions as they roll in. all BS I’m applying is coming out M10 I believe.

Here are the dates if that’s helpful:

Lawrenceville- M10
Peddie- M10
Philips Exeter Academy- M10
Newark Academy- Febuary 24
Trinity school- March 1
Philips Andover Academy M10
Choate Rosemary Hall M10
riverdale March 1

best of luck!

2 Likes

I think they were asking if you needed to commit to the early notification school before you would hear back from the March 10 schools or if you could wait to see all of your results and make a decision then.

1 Like

ohhh! my apologies! I don’t have to commit to a early notification school before M10, however if I do get into some of the early notification schools, I will have only 6 days to make a decision. (uhoh)!

commitment days for early notifications:

ISAAGNY schools:

March 16

Newark Academy (according to AO it is flexible):

March 31st

hope this answers!

Yeh that’s what I was referring to, will you have a chance to see your decisions from the M10 before needing to make a decision. 6 days isn’t a ton but it is something at least.

Does anyone know what time on M10 schools usually release their decisions? Does it vary from school to school or is there a standard time?

1 Like

There is a great thread on this from last year. Let me see if I can link it somehow.

3 Likes

10 days until 01/15… we can make it!!

I’m applying to:

Andover
Concord
Govs
Groton
Milton
Nobles
St. Paul’s

Currently working on finalizing my essays :melting_face: Good luck to everyone!

1 Like

Ahh I’m working on Milton essays. I just did [everything of one school] and moved on like that so now I need to do half of everything of Milton’s student statement.
But nothing’s “complete” cuz I still need transcripts! : /

1 Like

I’m editing all of my essays and have an interview left. I can’t believe that the process is almost over!

I’m applying to:
Andover
Choate
Cranbrook
Deerfield
Exeter
Hotchkiss
Lawrenceville
St. George’s
St. Mark’s
St. Andrew’s
SPS
Western Reserve Academy

1 Like

I’m kind of second guessing whether or not I should reach out to coaches for my sport because I don’t play on any sort of team or anything but I’m good. Any advice?

How good? Can you be the school’s varsity team starter? If so, yes absolutely.

Probably a JV starter.

It probably won’t hurt to reach out, but most likely it won’t be a major factor to be honest.

1 Like

Often the decision is earlier. It’s not unusual for folks to lose a deposit this way. But better than the alternative!