The Official M10 2023 Freakout Thread

Waitlisted for Middlesex - when you go to chose to stay on it is either indefinitely or just til April 10 - what does that mean? Thanks

Our friend did. She was accepted for hockey.

1 Like

congratulations to all!

1 Like

Accepted: Tabor (with very generous FA)
WL: MX

Waiting on the rest until 3:00 and 4:00 (schools using Ravenna all seem to be later)

7 Likes

I think it’s about how long you are willing to hold out for a spot. My DD was WL for MX also.

1 Like

With you on this wait!! so hard…

2 Likes

Many and they normally don’t care to look for the WL to add more students if they want to. They go for new applicants. I have a relative who is an AO in a different school and that was what she told me. Very rarely they go back to the WL pool. I was telling my daughter we have to love the schools that love us. To be on a WL I think is a politely way to say No. They are telling you that we have seen you but there’s another one we like more.

3 Likes

Ok we are still waiting on a couple for him to open and some that probably don’t come until later as we see nothing on the portal and haven’t gotten an email yet (LDS). But we are Exeter bound! That’s all that matters. He had other acceptances (Andover being one) but he never really wanted to board, he decided last minute to apply to more than Exeter “just in case”. I lost count after 5 admit and a WL. We don’t care. Our job is done :rofl: now we are going out to breakfast to celebrate.

14 Likes

Is it possible to send private message (PM)? I just joined so am still struggling w/ navigating around here & understanding acronyms. Can you send me a PM? I’d love to get me/my kid to new Exetonians.

Many, many congratulations!! :tada::balloon::confetti_ball:

1 Like

many thanks!

2 Likes

Anyone else here with a Peddie acceptance? My daughter got a merit scholarship, so that’s likely where she is headed.

4 Likes

I agree with what you’ve written, except what you said about schools preferring new applicants over those on the waitlist. At very rejective schools few get off the wait list. But if one of those schools needs to fill a spot they absolutely turn to the wait list. As far as I know, none entertain more applications after March 10.

Your relative is undoubtedly correct for their school but that cannot be extrapolated to all boarding schools.

4 Likes

We also got a Tabor acceptance! I have two very happy kids over here (9th and 10th) who are planning to accept :slight_smile:

9 Likes

WL by Mercersburg…

1 Like

We should connect! My DD is also a 9th gr acceptance for Tabor!

2 Likes

WL by Mercersburg too :((

1 Like

Accepted:
Lville
Groton
Taft
St. Andrew’s
Mercersberg
WL:
Deerfield
Exeter
SPS
Hotchkiss
Choate
Middlesex
rejected:
Andover
Loomis

8 Likes

SPS mentioned an “accepted students” website in their congratulations message, but it’s not on the portal :sweat_smile: Does anyone know where to find that?

1 Like

Accepted: Choate, Lawrenceville, Exeter, Milton
WL: Andover Loomis Deerfield
We made it very clear to our headmaster that Choate was his #1 choice and that we were a hard ‘yes’. Surprised DS got in anywhere else. Thrilled and relieved here!

9 Likes