The Official UMiami Class of 2014 Early Action Admissions Decisions Thread

<p>They started sending out letters yesterday, so please post once you receive your letter. Let's hope we hear soon. Last year they made the thread on the 20th, so we're a little late.</p>

<p>Good luck everyone</p>

<p>I was accepted to UM!!! Found out right now. I got a 24k university scholarship along with an invitation for an interview for the full tuition one. Stats were: </p>

<p>4.0 GPA, 2370 SAT, 1st in class, in-state, solid recs and ECs.</p>

<p>Soo excited!</p>

<p>thats awesome, congrats!!! but how did you find out??? was it posted on your myUM or did you get a letter in the mail??</p>

<p>congrats!! man, I want to know where I stand so bad. Yeah, how did you know?</p>

<p>congrats!!! Mail takes like 3 days to get here from miami so hopefully tomorrow or Thursday. How did you find out?</p>

<p>I received a package in the mail today. I live 1-2 hours away though, so that’s probably why I got it early. There was nothing on MyUM.</p>

<p>Good luck to all of you guys!</p>

<p>Thanks! I wish I lived that close =]</p>

<p>weird… i live like 30 min from UM lol… aargh!!</p>

<p>I heard they send them in batches… as many as they can each day so maybe yours hasn’t been sent out yet.</p>

<p>trying to be as patient as possible, congrats 2 everyone!</p>

<p>ah, I see… well, I would’ve expected that.</p>

<p>Accepted!!! Received 24K scholarship and an invitation for the Singer Weekend</p>

<p>GPA: 3.94 UW
SAT: 1550/2320</p>

<p>For those of you who have facebooks, current students at UM have made a group for the class of 2014… [The</a> Official University of Miami Class of 2014 | Facebook](<a href=“Facebook Public Group | Facebook”>Facebook Public Group | Facebook)
Also, there is a website called uroomsurf.com that will be launching in about 5 days. Basically, students will fill out a survey and they will match you with students that match you and you can talk to them and decide if you want to room with them… [University</a> of Miami Class of 2014 Students Looking for Roommates! | Facebook](<a href=“Facebook Public Group | Facebook”>Facebook Public Group | Facebook)</p>

<p>Congrats to you two, An0maly and IvanKaramozov. Welcome to the U!</p>

<p>Congrats! And good luck to all those still impatiently waiting!!! :)</p>

<p>Accepted to college of engineering for EE.
24k scholarship as well as invitation to the Singer scholarship thingy.</p>

<p>3.93 unweighted
5/620
1480/2130 sat</p>

<p>Probably won’t go here because I’ve lived in South Florida for all my life and I kinda want a change, but it’s nice to be accepted anyway!
:)</p>

<p>Yes, in! I love living half an hour away :slight_smile:
Best acceptance letter ever, no?
24k scholarship, have to interview to be considered for full tuition. </p>

<p>3.7 uw
5.2 w
top 25%
1500/2300
UM also has a really good relationship with my high school, and they like taking students from there.
Congrats to everyone else!</p>

<p>Profase: I feel you. But it’s so comforting, isn’t it? :)</p>

<p>missymargaux, what school do you go to? </p>

<p>Does anyone know if transfers are offered scholarships?</p>

<p>“UM also has a really good relationship with my high school, and they like taking students from there.”…</p>

<p>they must LOVE your school…UM usually prioritizes class rank for scholarships…congrats!!</p>

<p>Congrats, guys! Just stalked the mailman again and then ran out as soon as he drove away =p still nothinggg =[ Hopefully tomorrow!</p>