The Official UMiami Class of 2014 Early Action Admissions Decisions Thread

<p>looony2nz - what were your daughters stats?</p>

<p>surprisingly myUM hasn’t been updated but I got my acceptance letter on Saturday…?</p>

<p>Accepted with 24k scholarship from CT! :slight_smile:
32 ACT
1400/1990 SAT
560 Physics, 620 USH, 700 Math I SAT II’s
13/227 class rank
3.8 uw gpa
EC’s-sports and some clubs
2 AP’s jr year, 5 AP’s sr year
grats to everyone else!!!</p>

<p>Im starting to become really aggravated. I still haven’t received anything in the mail and myum hasn’t been updated with a decision yet. Anyone else not receive a decision yet?</p>

<p>knicks, I have not received a decision either. Aggravation is really starting to set in now.</p>

<p>Child’s myUM notice just showed up today- nothing in the mail today.
Accepted
Stats - would rather not post since they are not mine, but my childs. Highly competitive with what is commonly admitted with a lot of EC’s, leadership, etc.</p>

<p>To my surprise I received my letter today. ACCEPTED!!! =) With an AWESOME 24K University Scholarship. No Singer invitation, but that’s OK.</p>

<p>Stats:
GPA: 4.2 W (No unweighted)
SAT: 720 CR 730 Writing 740 M (1460/1600, 2190/2400)
SAT II: Physics 790, Bio 750
Courseload: Will have taken 9 APs by graduation. Rest of classes are honors.</p>

<p>Accepted…but no scholarship…i can’t go:(</p>

<p>GPA: 3.55 (unweighted) weighted: 4.26
SAT: 710 CR, 620 M, 700 W
APs: 4 this year, 2 last year</p>

<p>Is anyone getting rejected? starting to wonder if that is why we haven’t heard (not to panic anyone - sorry!)</p>

<p>no that’s not it, I know someone that got rejected and found out on myum. Likewise, I know someone that is for sure getting accepted but she hasn’t found out yet. it’s not showingup on her myum page</p>

<p>OK, then we just wait…</p>

<p>Don’t worry, I know a few people who were rejected as well. When people get rejected they usually just don’t post because they’re angry, frustrated, sad, or whatever.</p>

<p>Congrats to everyone who got in, good luck to those who are waiting to hear!</p>

<p>Accepted from VA! with $20,000 Dickinson scholarship!</p>

<p>SAT: 1340/2090
ACT: 29
GPA: 4.0 UW/4.85 W
Class rank: 5 out of 428
APs: Stats 4, Psych 5, currently taking four
Lots of EC’s, leadership, etc.</p>

<p>Just checked myUM, deferred.</p>

<p>got innnn, got a scholarship, yay</p>

<p>Finally!! Just checked myum and my decision came… I got deferred however… It’s cool, though.</p>

<p>what are your stats PatsYanks06? :)</p>

<p>i also got deferred. yay for going through all of this waiting again in 2 months…NOT! haha
anyways, im sure that some people will want to know my stats, so here they are:
gpa: 3.4uw, 4.1 w (and i go to a small catholic school)
SATs: cr-580, math-650, writing-670
ec’s- tons of stuff including being an all-state musician and an all new england musician
essay- i liked it haha
teacher recs- one of them i know was realllly good but i never saw the other one so i have no clue</p>

<p>what are other people who got deferred’s stats like? just wondering</p>

<p>deferred.</p>

<p>north carolina
53/ 357
3.67 uw 4.55 w
cr-570 m-630 w-500
9 ap/ibs - including sr. sched.
ton of honors
ton of ec
rec. - eng teacher i had for two yrs.
essay about my eng teacher lol.</p>

<p>deferred =/ beats being denied tho i guess!
unweighted 3.3
SAT: 1140
competitive horseback riding for 12 years, compete at biggest and top competitions in the country, play lacrosse, lots of community service hours at a therapeutic riding center for disabled children, harvard model congress club and a few other clubs</p>