The Official UMiami Class of 2014 Regular Decision Admissions Thread

<p>@jraustria</p>

<p>I think you will really like FSU. I live in orlando, so I know about UCF and my brother goes to FSU and couldn’t be happier. You should definitely look into FSU more.</p>

<p>dowzerw: Are you talking to me? Well, thanks! And I just got it in the mail today. I haven’t even logged on myUM recently at all… and I most definitely was not expecting a letter so soon! So it was a great surprise.</p>

<p>waitlisted
college of arts and sciences, art history
1900 on the SAT (700 writing, 630 critical reading and 570 math)
GPA 3.83 weighted and 3.4 unweighted.
Only 1 AP class and 3 honors.
Legacy. Both of my parents and my brother are alumni. </p>

<p>Does anyone know what my chances are? Do you know when I would know if I was admitted/denied? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks</p>

<p>got deferred from early action and now have been waitlisted
3.4 unweighted gpa
Excellent extracurriculars- President of Special Olympics Club/volunteer at many other activites
Very Good Essay
Very Good Recommendations
Sat: 610 W 580 CR and 800 M
so 1380/1600 and 1990/2400 overall
Its one of my top choices I really want to get in. Do I have a chance of getting in?</p>

<p>I bet you guys all have small packages.</p>

<p>waitlisted :(</p>

<p>oops my bad. waitlisted. </p>

<p>3.67 unweighted
4.12 weighted gpa this year; I haven’t dropped below a 4.12 this year…
I’ve also worked hard to show an upward trend in my grades this year.
President of two clubs, captain of tennis team, NHS, a member of another club
Three good teacher recs
I honestly forgot my SAT score. It was okay, definitely under 2000 haha. :stuck_out_tongue:
Essay about overcoming adversity</p>

<p>My top choice too. :frowning:
The site said they haven’t been using the waitlist in a couple years. :(</p>

<p>Got in EA and sooo pumped. Almost a definite that I’m going.
Your intended major: Finance
Where you are from: CT
SAT/ACT scores: 31
GPA: 3.8 W
Major ECs: Student Gov, Varsity Football, Rugby Captain
If any scholarship received: Dickinson (20 G’s/year)</p>

<p>The scholarship really put me over th edge with miami. It’s all about the _</p>

<p>They definitely used the waitlist last year. It seemed like there were a lot of kids that got in. Can anyone else remember if this is correct?</p>

<p>Waitlisted =/</p>

<p>to answer your question, I guess lauravaz10 read it wrong. this is from my wiatlist letter on myum site:
“Should vacancies occur in the freshman class, we promise to notify affected students as soon as possible. In the past two years, many applicants on the Waitlist were offered admission to the University. However, in other years, the Waitlist was not used. Unfortunately, we are not able to predict in advance whether we will be selecting applicants from the Waitlist this year.”</p>

<p>I was waitlisted as well…does anyone know what my chances could be?
GPA: 3.4 UW with 6 AP and 3 Honors classes
Scores: 1880 (560CR 630M 690W) SAT 26 ACT <–low, I know!
Intended Major: Pre-med/Biology
EC’s: Senior Class President, Choir Overall Officer, Publicity Chairperson, Camerata Singers Vice President, Walton Ambassador, and many more.
Excellent recs for sure and from what I remember, a good essay too.</p>

<p>I’m Muslim, don’t know if that even matters, but I’m just putting it out there because others distinguished themselves!</p>

<p>I was deferred from EA and I’ve been waitlisted now.
State: Rhode Island
Intended Major: Motion Pictures
3 APs and numerous honors courses
UW GPA: 4.0 at old school then transferred sophomore year and it has ranged from a 3.3 to about a 3.6
SAT CR: 580
SAT M: 660
SAT W: 720
ECs: Varsity hockey for 5 years (All-State, All-Division, All-Freshmen, Rookie of the Year), JV Field Hockey, JV Crew, many clubs
Volunteer Work: Tutor, Tour Guide, Global Partner
Job Experience: Scorekeeper, Ice hockey referee, cashier
I did the summer scholar program at the U this summer and got my professors to write recs for me.
Recs: good
Essay: I’ve been told by numerous people how good it is and that it was beautifully written. It was on a risky topic though.</p>

<p>Accepted:)
so happy right now!!
international from israel
sat 2080/2400 1350/1600
gpa uw 3.97
toefl 111
do the scholarships appear on the um website thing or in the letter??
congrats everyone!!</p>

<p>i think it should come with your acceptance letter.</p>

<p>if my UM still says: “Your application has been sent to the admission committee for review. We appreciate your patience during this time and will mail your admission notification according to the application option you chose.” under ADMISSIONS. does that mean i didnt get in yet? or…its that i got rejected? becuase ALOT of my friends heard back already…and i didn’t…</p>

<p>I got my acceptance letter from Miami last week…</p>

<p>Your intended major: sports management and either finance or economics
Where you are from: Michigan
SAT/ACT scores: 35
GPA: 4.5 W
Major ECs: several varsity sports, work experience, peer counseling, NHS, etc.
If any scholarship received: already got the University Scholarship, finalist for the Singer.</p>

<p>Excited to fly down to Miami next month for the interview… ive never been on campus before</p>

<p>ajaku-
Congrats.
My son is a Singer scholar/foote fellow and loves the U.
He’ll be at the April singer weekend events!</p>

<p>My son got accepted into Business last week…3.76 GPA (UW) AP Calc and Stats…30 ACT…competitive gymnast…two time junior olympian…Regional competitor…blues guitarist…appears on several CD’s and played in a band that opened for Derek Trucks from the Allaman Brothers and others…opening for the Outlaws this May…plans to study Business and minor at frost in Music Business…no scholarship…</p>

<p>i was deferred ea and waitlisted.
i applied to the college of engineering.
SAT: 1900 (650 M, 580 R, 670 W)
GPA: 3.4 uw, 4.1 w
ec’s: all state musician, varsity tennis, tons of community service, etc.</p>

<p>Firstly congratualtions everyone!!! </p>

<p>Accepted:
International student- malawi
SAT’s- 1800
SAT II’s- 760 bio and 670 chem
Awesome EC’s and rec’s
Don’t know my gpa but 6 A*'s and 3A’s for my IGCSE’s
IB predicted grade is 40 which is really good</p>

<p>Waiting for my acceptance letter in the mail to hear about scholarships, they are usually pretty generous- i don’t think i’m going to accept the offer though, it was my fall back school and my big brother goes there haha. Well see.
Good luck guys :)</p>