The Postponed Thread :(

<p>GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! I got into Ohio today but lookie here:</p>

<p>We have postponed a decision on your application. Please review your letter for more information and instructions. </p>

<p>:(. on the bright side 50% of those postponed get in.... </p>

<p>I guess I aint going to UW anyways... since its highly doubtful im gonna get money if im wait listed.</p>

<p>what were ur stats? and ohio u mean OU?</p>

<p>3.7 GPA TOp Quartile 33 ACT.</p>

<p>1st place state virtual business FBLA
3rd place state marketing FBLA</p>

<p>other ecs...</p>

<p>u got a 33 and got postponed?!?!?!?! AH omg, how is that possible, is 3.7 ur weighted or unweighted gpa??</p>

<p>wow that realllllly scares me, i only got a 1260 which is equivolent to a 28, and you got a 33 and were postponed... are there any other reasons why u might've been postponed? is that 3.7 weighted? what could u have caused this?</p>

<p>Wow that is way bizarre, and certainly makes me thankful. My only thoughts, did you not have a challenging transcript? Was your rank woeful? Did you have a downward trend in your grades? Did you get any D's or F's in classes? Did you not fill anything in on the additional information essay portion of the app? Did you opt not to send a reccomendation? IMO, with a 33, you are a sure admit if you show some persistance. Send them a letter that basically says you recieved the postponement decision, and are still extremely interested in attending etc. Then call email or write frequently. The more interest you show the better. Update them on accomplishments achievements. Finally, submit an addition rec, or essay. Do you have a boss from a job, or anyone who can attest to your work ethic etc. GL. With a 33, any additional effort and you are in.</p>

<p>ok if a 33 got postponed do i have any chance AT ALL?? 3.49 uw, 1260</p>

<p>
[QUOTE]
Wow that is way bizarre, and certainly makes me thankful. My only thoughts, did you not have a challenging transcript? Was your rank woeful? Did you have a downward trend in your grades? Did you get any D's or F's in classes? Did you not fill anything in on the additional information essay portion of the app? Did you opt not to send a reccomendation? IMO, with a 33, you are a sure admit if you show some persistance. Send them a letter that basically says you recieved the postponement decision, and are still extremely interested in attending etc. Then call email or write frequently. The more interest you show the better. Update them on accomplishments achievements. Finally, submit an addition rec, or essay. Do you have a boss from a job, or anyone who can attest to your work ethic etc. GL. With a 33, any additional effort and you are in.

[/QUOTE]
</p>

<ol>
<li>Yes my Grades Were Weighted... I dunno my UW GPA.</li>
<li>My Class rank has gone UP... in fact my GPA has gone up .2 over the last 2 years (my freshman year stunk).</li>
<li>No d/f in high school
4.Did you opt not to send a reccomendation? Oops... we are suppose to have teacher recs? :(. My Bio teacher loves me... I think its time for another rec :).</li>
<li>I may get in after postponement but i CANT AFFORD IT :(. I really dont think UW gives you money if your waitlisted then accepted :(. since Indiana is giving me money and illinois has accepted me... and probably giving me money.
6.Transcript Wise: 15 Aps before I graduate</li>
</ol>

<p>Fustrated I am. Thanks your help. I am OOS if that makes a diff.</p>

<p>760V 740V 700W
200/611
OOS
good essay about familiy recs
rec letters + some decent ec's</p>

<p>postponed.. i think ill get accepted in march though ;)</p>

<p>lbtg what was ur uw gpa???</p>

<p>damnitsam, so u didnt sent teacher recs? did have have any C's in high school??</p>

<p>Yea, the teacher rec thing is huge. They really postpone a ton of people who don't send one, and the first thing they say on the website for postponed students is to send any reccomendations you can. They try to be as hollistic as possible and recommendations are key. There is no form so you just need a letter of some kind. I definitely think my reccomendation is what tipped the scales for me. If I got postponed I was prepared to fire off several more recommendations from teachers and employers. With a rec, you are in. As for the money, it doesn't look good for you. In fact, anyone out of state has little chance of money, unless they are truly extraordinary, like Ivy league material, and the U is really trying to woo you. Your best bet for financial help is to contact the UW Alumni Association for your area. They can often help between 500 and 2k a year, from what I have heard. Another backdoor option, if you are paying for yourself, after 1 year, you can apply to be consider as a resident of Wisconsin. Good luck to you.</p>

<p>****... 740 M not 740V</p>

<p>my uw GPA? ehhhh... really bad
86.1/100</p>

<p>;p</p>

<p>what is that in gpa 4 scale? 3.1?</p>

<p>i think its 3.1... i have no idea though</p>

<p>my hs does GPa out of 100 so your guess is as good as mine</p>

<p>damn...mine's not postponed (dunno if it'll be) but it's still having the "We have received your application and are reviewing your file to ensure we have all materials necessary to make a decision. Check back here for updates on your application status." for 1 month and 12 days already..</p>

<p>wow jayeez thats even longer than mine which is about a month now. This is absurd.</p>

<p>wow, when did u guys apply, when did they get everything, what are your stats?</p>

<p>Same here- I'm checking the website religiously. I submitted my application about four weeks ago. I'm sure that the holiday season is responsible for the delay, although it doesn't make the wait any less stressful.</p>

<p>650M, 650V, 670W
3.4 GPA with most rigorous courseload
Good ECs (many leadership positions)</p>

<p>very worried u do debate, what kind? i do policy</p>