The residential halls have air conditioning right? :O

That is all.

Yup! The suites have individualized air conditioning, too, so you can make your dorm a popsicle if you like.

Most every, if not all buildings on campus have AC (often turned up all the way) and water fountains on each floor.

I’m seeing that a lot of the beds are regular twins at UA which seems a bit unusual for a University. Guess my son is going to have to sleep curled up or his feet will hang off the end! Off to return those extra long twin sheets I bought.

@riverbirch My son stayed in Mary Burke and yes those beds are regular twin however some dorms are twin xl and some are full xl. Be sure to visit the UA residence hall page to look at your students dorm specifics. By the way my son is 6 foot 3 and did just fine in a twin for one school year. Roll Tide!

You can also request an extra long if it’s not standard in the building. We have a minimum height that we will accommodate if the XL twin is not in the building already. You can go ahead and fill out a work order on our website.

Hope this helps,
Janine

^^^ Thanks! Will do!

Great to know they can request an xl long twin. Wish we had known that last year. Live and learn, Roll Tide!

^^ Same here. Gosh, I guess we should have just ASKED Housing. I never even thought of that! They are typically very accommodating. Great info, Janine! (My 6’3" son also never complained about the standard twin in his dorm, but I would guess a taller student could find the standard twin bed to be a problem.)

@TexasMomalso Yes wish we had known to ask but with the XL bed they probably would not have been able to close the door to their room…LOL wouldn’t change a thing.

@au2bamamom , yes mine loved every minute of it. Roll Tide!

Yes, good to know about the XL twins being available for taller students. Too late now, but my son’s roommate and one of his suitemates in Blount were GIANTS (6’5" and 6’6"), and they all seemed to survive. :slight_smile:

(Those extra inches might make seating at one’s desk a bit tight too, depending upon the room configuration, so keep that in mind, depending on where he’s living.)