The Retreat

<p>I am a current freshman looking at off campus apartments. Does anyone have any experience with The Retreat? My friends are worried about safety since that article has come out with the crime rates for certain apartments. We are all girls and are kind of nervous about having a lot of crime near us. Anything y’all know that would make us feel better?</p>

<p>Son is currently living at The Retreat. He has not commented on any issues with safety. So far, it has been a good experience for him. He has only mentioned two "negatives:. First, he spends a lot of time on campus and says the distance from campus is a drag at times. He has also experienced utility overage charge this month. Not too bad to far, but something he notices when he has to write that rent check!</p>

<p>My daughter has lived at the Retreat for the last two years and will be living there for her senior year. She has voiced no concerns about any security issues or feeling unsafe or uneasy at any time. She has had a few small utility overages, but nothing major. She has had minor conflict with one of her roommates (best friend since elementary school) over the thermostat setting and being mindful of not keeping the door open when the air/heat is running. We taught her from an early age that utilities cost money and of being very aware of the settings and not being wasteful with the energy. She is used to a couple of degrees higher setting in the summer and a couple of degrees lower in the winter. She is remarkably thrifty for her age and I am proud of that. She has not complained any about being away from campus. They park in the deck or lot and ride the shuttle bus for most things. Overall her experience has been positive.</p>

<p>My daughter and three friends have been there since August and have not had any security concerns. </p>