The Strip

<p>Mom2ck, there were plans drawn up a couple of years ago for a condo/hotel/retail shops project on Wallace Wade. I’ll see if I can find the link.</p>

<p>The University bought the property where those current eyesore apartment buildings are now and was to clear the entire block to make room for the project. It was tabled after the economy went in the tank but I can see just a hotel project in the near future on that site.</p>

<p>It was to be called Dynasty park. Not sure if the project is still being considered. Here’s a youtube video about the project from a couple of years ago.</p>

<p>[‪Dynasty</a> Park Design‬‏ - YouTube](<a href=“- YouTube”>- YouTube)</p>

<p>I don’t think Tuscaloosa needs any more condos. But it would be a great site for a nice upscale hotel.</p>

<p>Oh wow…</p>

<p>I don’t agree about not needing more condos…the condos that will be built on Black Warrior were nearly all sold within a couple of weeks of announcing the build. </p>

<p>If the Dynasty Park condos are upscale, they will sell. There are enough wealthy people that will buy them…all those B-D suites owners…corporations, etc.</p>

<p>The Dynasty Park project has been scrapped from what I hear. There wasn’t enough interest. I think Witt is going to do something in that area though but I have no clue. I know he is demolishing my old fraternity house and I think Phi Delt as well next year. So maybe they have something planned at that side of the stadium.</p>

<p>Maybe it will be rejuvenated now that liquor can be sold on Sundays. lol</p>

<p>Seriously, it sounds like an amazing plan and would be crazy busy during game day weekends…especially now that Bama is doing well in a variety of sports. </p>

<p>Spectrum Properties still lists Dynasty Park as a current project on their website.</p>

<p>Anyway…if there are such plans still in the works, that explains why UA is giving some the boot…and why some temp businesses, like apt rental offices, are being allowed to rent the spaces until demolition occurs.</p>