The Tours, The Journey and the Decisions moving forward

@SpartanDrew it has to be soon!!! They were on spring break last week, but this week they have no excuse!!!
I don’t have access to the portals…my D does that then sends me screen shots if there’s any news

I have to believe the decisions are done and submitted. I know Frost is at the mercy of admissions for the U sending out the RD decisions. UGH. Hope it’s TODAY!!!

You go away for a few days and lots of exciting things happen…congrats @vistajay and @NYsaxmom !!

And here’s hoping for more good news this week!!

Has anyone had a decision come through snail mail only?

Apparently that’s how NEC notifies, via snail mail. Belmont too I believe. Still no updates. D is getting very stressed out. I’ve been stressed out.

@bridgenail I went away for a couple of days and nothing exciting happened on our end… :-((

I was thinking maybe I needed to be away longer to help you out! I’m sure it’s all about me. Hang in there!

@SpartanDrew - 2 years ago, my D heard from NEC via email but she was admitted with the dual degree program with Tufts. Maybe that is handled differently.

Anyone know how New School notifies?

Daughter was admitted to UC Santa Barbara for BM in VP today. Beautiful campus and loved the program. Nice to get the good news. This was one of her top four choices so she is excited.

@Melodyminor - S received an email on 3/25, with a link to their decision on the admissions portal. The following day he received both the regular mail acceptance package and congratulatory email with link to his scholarship and financial aid information. :slight_smile:

@indeestudios is the portal just the page that shows the application is complete etc?

Congrats @BearHouse Santa Barbara sounds fabulous to me!

S has two decisions in and two to go. Does anyone know if April 1 is also the deadline for receiving financial aid/merit info from school?

Thanks @indieestudios. I’m at the band concert right now.

@SpartanDrew They sent a unique link for the admission decision, with instructions to use admission hub credentials to log in to view, so a different page from the one with the checklists etc.

@Melodyminor Haha…I’m a bad band mom! Couldn’t make myself do it!

@samz95 Last year I remember there was one financial package that arrived very late - maybe third week of April? We had most April 1, but it’s not a given. It’s kind of ridiculous since most of us can’t make a decision without that information!

Back when the FAFSA was not available until January, we got our financial aid information in March and April.

We did the FAFSA in October for S and he got his FA award letter in January, then we got a revised one a month later, giving him an additional scholarship :slight_smile:

@samz95 my D was accepted to Belmont, and @SpartanDrew is correct… old fashioned snail mail

Daughter just got the last admission decision. Admitted to San Diego State University, BM, VP. This completes the admission decisions for her. SDSU was a sleeper to us. Did not know what to expect. The BM program looked good and the campus vibe was very relaxed. She enjoyed her audition and felt like it would be a good place for her. This was also in her top four after auditioning. Now we sort out the money and see what happens. Hope everyone receives their news soon!

@samz95 Last year I remember there was one financial package that arrived very late - maybe third week of April? We had most by April 1, but it’s not a given. It’s kind of ridiculous since most of us can’t make a decision without that information!