The Tours, The Journey and the Decisions moving forward

@indeestudios do you recall the time of day the New School email went out? I will be traveling to NOLA this weekend for a conference. And based on my internet sleuthing on CC I feel pretty certain that Miami decisions will go out on Friday as well. UGH. I hate not being home with D for them to hopefully celebrate or worst case scenario help cheer her up if things don’t go her way… :frowning:

I’m in Miami about to fly away to an island with potentially spotty WiFi. I’d pop over to Frost and inquire for you but my flight boards soon.

Didn’t really consider notification season when we booked this trip back in July, but it feels like maybe the perfect place to be.

Oh man @NYCMusicDad I sure wish I was about to board that island bound flight myself!! Where are you headed to??? So jealous. Audition season pretty much bankrupted our vacation fund although we do have a pretty great 2 and a half week trip to Europe planned for D’s graduation senior trip in June/July so I’ll have to look forward to that for now.

Congratulations and a big exhale @BearHouse . Your D has so many great options!! Enjoy that island sans WiFi @NYCMusicDad ! Perfect timing! No swag yet for anybody?!? I just can’t believe it; admissions budgets must be tight this year, lol! We had at least one t shirt and lanyard and car sticker by this time last year. Haha

I have been following some of the schools on Twitter back east and with all the storms they have had over the last three weeks I am wondering if they are a little behind. Some schools had posted yesterday their offices will be closed today due to snow storms. :confused:

NO SWAG @dramasopranomom!!! Nada. At this point I’d be happy with a decision and a nice scholarship! @musicdm AAAAACKKK I hope New School and NEC aren’t pushed back due to storms. I’d like to wring that groundhog’s neck right now…

@SpartanDrew NEW SCHOOL is closed today! NEC did not have anything yet but I know they had a day or two closed in the past few weeks.

:-(( :-(( :-((

@SpartanDrew Antigua. We anticipated the travel budget problem so we booked frequent flier plane tickets back in July. We were scheduled to fly out early this morning, but rescheduled ahead of the storm.

Lucky we did our original flight was canceled! Last travel snafu of the winter/early spring of 2018, I hope.

Good thinking @NYCMusicDad. We were also able to use FF miles for all of our tickets to Europe this summer which was great. And booked VRBO apartments for a cheaper and more comfortable stay. Have a great vacation! Spit in the ocean for me!!

@SpartanDrew we did a big Europe trip last year with frequent flyer miles -it was a combined graduation trip for S who had just graduated and D who was starting senior year. This summer will be far more subdued - I think we will go to Maine for a few days, but S’s music festival is causing some issues. If you still need any places to stay I have great Airbnb recs in Barcelona, Paris, and Rome.

I am putting in an order for a teardrop trailer, so I’m hoping for some good camping this summer.

Have fun in the islands @NYCMusicDad !

I love to camp!!! That sounds like so much fun. I also LOVE Barcelona!! D and I are starting in London where I found a cute flat in Camdentown so she can channel her inner Amy Winehouse. And no joke, we are actually hoping to meet Amy’s mom Janice. :slight_smile: Then D and I head to Paris where we have another cute VRBO rented that has a gorgeous and expansive view of Les Invalides! Then hubby meets us there (poor guy can’t get that much time off of work) and we head to Aachen Germany to visit our college engineering senior son who is doing a summer study abroad at RWTH Aachen then end our trip with a week in Ireland visiting Irish friends in Dublin. Can’t wait!

@SpartanDrew sounds like a wonderful trip!

Congrats @BearHouse for finishing strong! So many great choices.

And to anyone else I may have missed…there are so many great posts I can’t keep up with them all! My D and I went to Paris for a week at the beginning of April. She had made her choice so it was a good trip. My husband unfortunately didn’t make the “cut” due to finances…lol. Poor guy. I think he was just happy for my D in the end.

@SpartanDrew Lol! I knew there was a reason I kept all those forwards! 8:02a.m. :wink:

Yay thank you!! Maybe I’ll get lucky and we will know before my flight that afternoon.

Anyone else get that annoying NYU false alarm email?

No but we just got one from UNC…ggrrr.

Ugh, I distinctly remember NYU sending a misleading tease of an admission email around this time last year! (NYU official admit didn’t come until 3/30, FYI, but scholarship/FA info was at least included at the same time!)