The Tours, The Journey and the Decisions moving forward

D accepted at Oberlin dual degree with a nice music merit scholarship and an academic scholarship at the college as well!

April will be a month of tough decisions…

Gutted by the Draylen Mason story.

@dramasopranomom The story of Draylen Mason is so very sad and tragic. Definitely helps keep everything in perspective.

Congratulations @NYCMusicDad !!! GO YEO!

When it rains, it pours. D accepted to Rice Shepherd School of Music. I need a drink.

@NYCMusicDad have a tropical cocktail and enjoy an amazing evening of news!

So so sad about Dralyen Mason. For some reason–I guess because I love kid musicians–his death has hit me harder than any of the other terrible events lately.

Congrats @NYCMusicDad they are awesome choices!!

So this is a roller coaster day… a rejection from Oberlin, an amazing email from Peabody prof telling my daughter she will hear on March 30th and is going to be very happy with the scholarship and a crazy scholarship from Frost (full tuition and all but $6K of the room and board).

AMAZING @NYsaxmom ! These Fridays in March, you guys! They are CRAZY!

I know you all think March has been hard - but making the decisions in April can be even harder - having to choose between all these possible wonderful futures…

@spiritmanager we are already having those conversations…how she will decide when all the results and $$ are in
So many factors to weigh

@NYsaxmom congrats on the Frost scholarship! Was it in your Frost admittance letter or did it come separately?

No the funny thing is we haven’t had a letter or even an email! Purely because of all the info from college confidential and @spartandrew being so on the ball. It was in her portal. Otherwise we still wouldn’t know

I’m looking forward to seeing where everyone ends up. Some great schools are being considered by everyone

D got her Frost offer. A nice President’s music scholarship. She also found out she made the cut for the CAM minor so great news today!

Will that make the decision final?

@NYCMusicDad 1st time poster on this thread. May I know your daughter’s major? I haven’t found anyone applying same major as my son on CC this year.

1 Like

She’s a Vocal Performance (BM) applicant.

@NYCMusicDad thanks! My son is applying viola performance at Thornton School of USC and this is the only school that he applied. He’s a junior in high school and applying through RHP (Resident Honors Program). Are there any parents on this thread could shed me some lights? Thansks!

Way to go @SpartanDrew !