The Tuscaloosa Weatherman

<p>This guy is schizophrenic!! Since D is visiting next week, I’ve been watching the weather on a couple different sites and I’ve never seen forecasts change so quickly and dramatically. And I’m in the midwest, where the weather is hardly predictable. First the forecast was rain, then it was just cold, then it was 9 hours of rain the day D will be there, then it was rain mixed with snow, now it’s warmer and bright sunshine. I like that one, so I’m hoping it will stick. Oh, for the days when I lived in southern California and the weather was the same every day for months!</p>

<p>Well, the saying here in Nashville is “if you don’t like the weather, just wait 5 minutes ;)” Tuscaloosa doesn’t seem to have quite the same wild mood swings but this time of year is tricky. </p>

<p>There’s something about the week of Capstone Scholars Day down there…</p>

<p>It can be hard to predict weather a week ahead of time…wait for a few more days for a more accurate idea. </p>

<p>However, no matter what the forecast it, bring a jacket and layers…wind can make any moderate day seem cold.</p>

<p>@RobD, I believe the wait 5 minutes saying is applicable throughout a great deal of the South. It is extremely valid here in Texas. </p>

<p>I was looking at the forecast for my drive back, and what did my eyes see? SNOW. I hate driving in the snow. Hate hate hate it. So yeah, I’m hoping we can delay the snow till, oh say, Wednesday? I could go for missing the first day of classes due to inclement weather :)</p>

<p>Safe journey, Mesquitegirl! And watch out for those southerners (me!) driving white knuckled and wide-eyed in the white stuff!</p>

<p>Mesquite Girl, I hate driving in snow too, and I’ve got snow tires on my car and drive in it fairly regularly in the winter. I hope you have a snow-free and very safe trip!</p>

<p>Thanks! I’m more worried about the other drivers (aka people like timeflew :D) than the actual road conditions. And I’m hoping the reports of snow are greatly exaggerated or that it just waits until Monday to hit Bama. I love the snow, just not when I’m driving. Ah well, I just can’t wait to get back to Tuscaloosa!!! And in spite of my trepidation of this coming semester, I’m even looking forward to classes (kinda) :)</p>