The University of Tennessee Early Action for Fall 2022 Admission

My DS OOS with a 3.9 gpa is waitlisted.

No, we’ve been waiting since EA release on Dec 15th getting 2nd choice major pending nursing decision. I called last Friday and was told the nursing decisions would come out this week, but no date was given.

2 Likes

Unweighted GPA?!

That’s surprising

1 Like

My DD just got her decision tonight at 7pm on her portal from nursing.

Did she get in?

1 Like

Yes.

Congratulations!

Congratulations! Did your DD apply EA and has been waiting or RD?

1 Like

She applied regular decision. She was pleasantly surprised with the acceptance. She’s been deferred from a few other direct admit nursing schools that she applied EA to. It seems pretty common for nursing programs to do that.

2 Likes

We didn’t hear anything last night. So frustrating.

1 Like

My DD was rejected today from UT nursing which was truly kind of a shock. She was admitted to Clemson nursing and that’s where she will be attending !

2 Likes

You should call your admissions counselor because you may be on the waitlist if you were not notified. That’s what happened to my daughter.

Just curious, what are hopeful nursing students putting as their 2nd choice major? Daughter will be applying next year and I want her to start thinking about this.

Mine had biological sciences as her second choice behind nursing.

1 Like

Both are great schools, but as a Clemson grad, I will attest to the awesome experience she will have there. My D is accepted at Clemson and UTK and is deciding now.

2 Likes

My DD is an OOS student accepted into honors, majoring in business. She was offered merit aid but is still more than in-state tuition.

1 Like