The Wait List

@momboarding77 Yes. Posted a note about it a couple of days ago, along with Taft.

I wish everyone for the best of luck.

I have learned so much going through the application process. Many are useful in life - beyond high school years (in boarding school or elsewhere). Despite many genuine interests, wishful thinking, and saying by those self-proclaimed experts, here is one ugly fact:

Boarding school/private school application has never been a fair process (to average applicants). Their wait-list process is most likely - worse.

Just in case if I couldn’t go to boarding school this year, is it too late to apply for grade 11 as a repeat year next year?

@butbi my Best Friend from Exeter summer got off the waitlist of Blair for 9th grade boarding boys. Same night I got off Lawrenceville waitlist though so they may have sent out all notifications that day.

:frowning: The AO of Blair told me that there hasn’t been any change for the waitlist yet 
 right before I read about this.

Has anyone received any information about movement of the PA waitlist?

SPS said they’ve reached full enrollment and will not be taking anyone off the waitlist.

Has anyone heard about any Deerfield waitlist movement?

@butbi: Last year that school offered to take a late app, but only if full pay.

@pendulum Nope, I have not received anything. I’m pretty much speculating but if a school hasn’t said they won’t go to their waitlist by the end of today (or hasn’t said anything yet), they probably will have some waitlist movement, but in which applicant pool that will be and how much is anyone’s guess.

@CC4life: Do you know the acceptance rate at St. Paul’s School this year ?

Since SPS is not going to the waitlist this year, it seems as though the recent news events of a couple of years ago have been placed in the proper perspective.

Being waitlisted is a difficult place to be
limbo. We are right there with ya. DS wanted to see about rolling admission at some schools and asking specifically if they had a spot in his grade AND if they had any FA funds available since we would need partial. I’ll post if we have any luck??

Good luck @Harshdog !!!

This might be worth repeating:

*** THIS IS IMPORTANT *** Before and after A10, you’ll hear about some WL movement here on CC. You’ll also see discouraging posts saying that your school has closed their WL. Please DISREGARD these posts unless you’ve received the SAME letter, email, or you were told the same information over the phone by the AO. You may not be receiving the same information for a good reason.

@PhotographerMom. So true. Thanks for the reminder. Stay the course!

did u get off the waitlist today?

Please do keep us all posted. My daughter is waitlisted at Blair and episcopal and we are very anxious for any news about movement with the waitlist. I did hear from an AO at St Andrews in Delaware, that they are full on girls and will not be taking any girls off the waitlist this year.

I do not know how to message anyone’s inbox but if anyone would like to chat via phone
that would be great. My daughter is waitlisted at Blair, Mercersburg and episcopal. Blair is very definitely what she wants and we are stressed and hopeful. Feel free to reach out to me if anyone wants to speak directly.

April 2019– If anyone knows about waitlist status at Blair, Episcopal or Mercersburg please share any information you may have. Have they offered spots to any waitlist candidates as of yet? Many thanks

Milton’s waitlist officially closed today.