The Wait List

that’s a big scare😭

2 Likes

FWIW, back in December, someone from the Exeter admissions office indicated that they were going to be very cautious about not over admitting this year. They are already overcrowded, and that has made COVID even more difficult to deal with. They said they’d likely be admitting fewer students than usual and would therefore be more likely to need to pull from their waitlist. They are one of the schools not offering in-person revisits; it will be interesting to see if that affects their yield.

That’s reassuring to hear. Exeter is my top school and I really hope to hear from them.

I wonder if other schools had the same thought.

Is there a list anywhere on here of this years actual acceptance rates? Ik that there’s that chart with the CC decisions, but it’s not very accurate.

I think they’ll come out with numbers after A10 but middlesex was 13% and choate was 12

The Exonian reported Exeter’s admissions rate this year was 10%. PEA Admissions — The Exonian

Anyone know Andover’s? I know that Hotchkiss’s was 13%

1 Like

This is probably wrong, but prep school blog says it’s updated Phillips academy Andover for 2021, and the acceptance rate states that it’s 13%.

Lawrenceville’s acceptance rate was 13% for Gr 9 boys

1 Like

That could be right but that would mean it hasn’t decreased from previous years, which is possible, but seems improbable.

2 Likes

I think it may be down 5 percent average for all schools though, so maybe 8%?

I don’t think so, because it really depends how how schools calculated their yields. Hotchkiss in particular decreased by more than 5 percent, and I’m sure there were others that are higher or lower of a difference.

1 Like

It seems that way. But to me I’d just assume it’s down due to the overwhelming amount of applicants this year, so they have to choose an average sized class (for that particular school) out of more people.

Yeah you’re probably right

Exeter will likely be tough for wlisters this year. They have created an email group for new students and it’s already more than 280. A week ago it was about 180. Taking out a few teachers, and considering the comment about intentionally smaller class this year, there’s not much left for wlisters unfortunately. Doesn’t mean no chance, but definitely very slim.

1 Like

Really? You guys got an email from Deerfield? I did not get an email, what about anyone else on the Deerfield WL?

1 Like

I didn’t get one

My son didn’t get an email from Deerfield either about WL.

I didn’t get one either. I think that person got an email because they reached out first. So that was probably just an AO responding.

1 Like