The Wait List

yes thats perfect! Sadly, i just called the AO and they said they wouldn’t have much movement :frowning_face:

Keep your fingers crossed. Also, are you still considering PEA?

Kinda! I’m more considering Andover because of location

The Cubs have 8th graders in their organization?

Wow things have changed.

Yep, the head scout out here started the program in 2011, we have cubs minor leaguers as coaches, which is really fun.

1 Like

This is interesting. If you are a recruitable baseball athlete, what are the chances the same recruit denied PEA and Deerfield? I don’t think this is a stretch… Not necessarily an indication of the waitlist “moving.”

Considering he got off the waitlist early for both GLADCHEMMS schools, which rarely ever happens, I think that your guess might be accurate.

3 Likes

Concord Academy is fully enrolled

1 Like

How do you know Concord Academy is fully enrolled? Did you get a call or email?

1 Like

I emailed them and got a response saying “Thank you for reaching out and your continued interest in Concord Academy.

I regret to share that we are currently fully enrolled for boarding students in fall 2021 and it is highly unlikely that we will admit boarding students from our wait pool. As such, we recommend that students in our boarding wait pool make plans for enrollment at another school to ensure they have a place in the fall. “

Oh, I’m sorry. That’s really disappointing. Thank you for letting us know. Wishing you all the best. And everyone else who is nervous and frustrated. At some point, it will be what it will be and we can move on and make the best of what we have but this is pretty agonizing for us for sure.

That’s too bad. I wish you luck elsewhere. Seems to me Concord really should’ve sent that email out instead of simply replying. What if you had never emailed Concord? You would still be under the assumption you remained in play.

I’m sure they’ll send that email out soon enough (I think most schools send something similar around April 10th). I think njscholor just got to find out early.

2 Likes

Oh, I see. That’s why I’m hoping not to get an email today or Monday.

Does Exeter give you admission through a phone call or do they also email you because I had to recently switch phone numbers and they have my old one and I’m worried that even if I do get admitted, I’d never know

Did I automatically kinda take myself off the Hotchkiss waitlist when I responded to their question asking if they were my top choice with no?

no, but schools have priority waitlists if you say yes to it being your top choice sometimes

1 Like

Has anyone emailed Milton about the waitlist?

From what I have heard, it is a phone call. The student who recently got off PEA’s waitlist got a call. I think you can email department of admissions to change it.

Ok, I emailed the department, thanks!

1 Like