The Wait List

I applied to 9th! Hbu?

10th!

1 Like

Thatā€™s awesome!

lol i was waitlisted at loomis for 10th

1 Like

What schools are you waitlisted at if you do not mind sharing?

So I have 4 dogs and sometimes I take them on beach walks to calm down. I like to go to the batting cages, but not everyone likes baseball, so maybe practice something you have a passion for. I like to swim, and nothing is better than relaxing in the water as waves crash (or no waves crash, if you donā€™t live near a large body of water). I love to listen to music, play my guitar, talk to friends. The amount of times I called my friends to get my mind off of my academic future is shocking. I also loved reading, I remember during the early March days when everything seems like it lasted for an eternity, I was really enjoying Raymond Chandler. Just do something that you love, and the worries melt away.

2 Likes

I am waitlisted at Andover, Hotchkiss, Choate, Exeter and Middlesex. Andoverā€™s already closed, I did not choose priority to Hotchkiss so that option is out, and I donā€™t really like Choate and my interviewer really didnā€™t like me, so that one isnā€™t so important. I really just love PEA lol

1 Like

Got it! Just checking because earlier in the thread I learned that Deerfield and PEA most likely admitted me to fill a hole on their baseball lineup (on top of me being a qualified candidate of course).

1 Like

iā€™m on hotchkiss priority waitlist. i probably wont go if i get off though

1 Like

Thank you so much! I really love painting, so Iā€™ll do more of that to keep my mind off!

I am waitlisted at Choate, Hotchkiss, St. Paulā€™s, and Deerfield for 10th grade. I did however choose to prioritize Hotchkiss and write that it was my first choice.

1 Like

I have all my hopes pinned on Exeter waitlist but if I donā€™t get in Iā€™ll just go to public school, I donā€™t think my interviewer particularly liked me either

1 Like

OMG Choate interviews are renowned for being awkward. My friends have all had bad experiences and the guy straight up told me ā€œI can tell youā€™re not interested in Choate.ā€ He wasnā€™t lying but come on man donā€™t call me out like that. Applying for 9th btw.

1 Like

Hotchkiss is really an amazing school and itā€™s really beautiful, if PEA didnā€™t exist Hotchkiss would be my top too!

2 Likes

My Choate interviewer was so nice and not awkward!

2 Likes

Hotchkiss was one of the ones that accepted me. Honestly, I would have picked it over PA and Deerfield but then Exeter came calling. I think you would have a ball at H-Kiss.

2 Likes

Oh my god!! My interviewer was straight up bored with me, and was soo over it! He even sent me something personal 2 weeks later meant for his family!!! Ahh!!! So embarrassing and awkward!

1 Like

just wonderingā€¦
how popular is speech/debate as an activity? do a lot debaters apply for GLADCHEMMS schools?

Not all, but a lot. Iā€™m sure the majority of Choate interviewers are amazing, theyā€™re just a few more awkward experiences than usual.

2 Likes

I did not get into debate until after deadlines, but I told them. I know Exeter has a debate team

1 Like