The Wait List

What’s GLADCHEMMS?

2 Likes

Hotchkiss is really great but that service thing is killing me? :joy:

2 Likes

I love debate and I know a lot of people who are on my team that applied to GLADCHEMMS. However, I can’t judge based off of my experience. I assume so though, because debate is usually filled with intelligent, engaged students.

1 Like

Groton, Lawrenceville, Andover, Deerfield, Choate, Hotchkiss, Exeter, Milton?, Middlesex?

I’m a novice debater and going to be a Junior varsity one soon but debate is pretty popular at all schools.

3 Likes

I have an aunt that lives in Millbrook, NY. Phone calls are perfectly fine, and when driving by Hotchkiss I sent my father photos, so it can’t be that bad.

Where are you a student?

I enrolled at Milton!

2 Likes

Yep.

2 Likes

Really? My interviewer said she would be straight up with me and said the cell service sucks but they have landlines.

Awesome.

It obviously is not good, but honestly it is way overstated.

All right I’m going to go on a run but if any of you guys have questions about the waitlist or anything else, I’ll answer them later.

3 Likes

I’m so excited to start traveling for debate. The team I’m a part of travels but due to Covid everything’s been online and I haven’t had that experience. Hopefully when school starts I could get back on the road.

1 Like

what type of debate do you do?

Type? I’m not sure what you mean by type but I’m a novice and this year’s topic (in my state at least) was criminal justice. For speaking positions, I’m usually the 1ac/1ar.

i do MUN. i do not know if that counts as debate

Wait I think I get what you mean. I do team policy debate:)

Yep. We got it too. Thankfully my DD has an acceptance she loves and was just curious more than anything.

Yeah - Choate interview was awful. Guy asked my daughter if her “mom had any questions” - but was pretty clear he did not actually want to talk to me. Terrible.

3 Likes