The Wait List

@missinghome21 I have more waitlists (7). Thank you

Would be helpful to know whether those getting admitted from waitlist are full pay, minimal financial aid or significant financial aid students.

and or athletes, mathletes or some other orchestral instrument, or URM. It’s not all about the money that so many people make it out to be. What does the school need?

And let’s also remember to get off WL is like winning the lottery
I don’t remember seeing this much activity, much less this soon, last year.

Also are they contacting you via phone in the evenings? seems like the accepted are posting in the evening times? wasn’t sure if they were being called or emails?

The use of WL waxes and wanes from year to year based on previous year experience. The same happens with elite college admissions. So schools watch their stats and try to predict how much to over-accept in the first round. If they get more one year than they predicted, it’s a problem with housing etc. Once gun-shy, they accept fewer the next year and go to the WL to make up their numbers. This seems to be a good year for WL or at least Hotchkiss’s WL.

My friend said her son made it off the Millbrook School’s waitlist. Her family is happy with the FA that was offered.

We’ve recently declined spots at several schools, all with very generous financial aid. We hope that makes a life-changing opportunity possible for another student!

@CaliMex Are you willing to name the schools ?

Sure: Cate, Middlesex, St. Andrew’s, Berkshire, Emma Willard, Westover, @Publisher

I was told the school notified the parent via telephone about taking her son off the waitlist.

I was thinking it would be by phone more personal then an email.

We recently declined a full FA spot at Mercersburg Academy and White Mountain School. I hope that helps someone!

Last year we were notified by telephone.

Berkshire School will not be going to their wait list.

Is it a good sign if a school doesn’t email saying that they’re not going to their waitlist?

Also what time is it most likely for the school to call (EST)?

Was told Rivers school most likely will not go to the waiting list (not boarding but still)

1 Like

Has anyone heard from andover or choate for 10th grade girls?
Also if someone from the AO calls to take someone off the waitlist and that person doesn’t pick up the phone, will they go to someone else? I put my mom’s phone down for at least one of the schools but the phone’s broken so we probably won’t be able to see any calls (if there will be any
)

1 Like

The time that a school will contact about the wait list can vary. It’s usually during business hours. @alyang If I were you, I would contact the school and provide a different contact number if possible.