The Worry Thread (Parents Only Please; Kids can Worry on the Chances Forum)

@gusmom2000: are condolences in order? or do you hold out hope…
:smiley:

I’m worried about grandkids as well, but only because my two daughters refuse to date anyone! Older one so not into the “hookup” culture at college and younger one (BS) is amazed at the “childishness” of the BS boys and so not into the gossipy and giddy “dating” scene on campus. Hates how girls stop having a normal conversation the minute boys join the group and they become vacuous laughing machines.

New worry…Joaquin. We don’t get many hurricanes in the crossroads of America. (And on the other issue, I still hold out hope. I haven’t gotten any messages today saying “I’m bruised.”, so I think he is going to live. And, I think maybe he also learned a lesson about the importance of protective gear. Oh, and it happened during a fumble recovery, and he was able to hold onto the {foot}ball.)

@mexusa: I’ve heard that before… your younger girl’s description is often cited by my daughter… and is one of the reasons she chose an all-girls’ school. It has been a great experience for her, but I do worry that she will be in for a bit of social culture shock when she heads off to college (presumably coed) in a couple of years.

New worry: Now that midterm grades are up and his were decent, I worry that he will think all is “Cool” and stop studying!