Theater/Musical Theater Questions

<p>Hi! I’m trying to decide between four schools – Tulane, TCU, Elon and Muhlenberg. I was not admitted into the Musical Theater program at the first three and Muhlenberg only has a BA in Theater program. So all four have offered me BA programs, but I can re-audition for Musical Theater at the others if I enroll there. I’m looking for opinions about all four and whether I can find enough musical theater options and training even if I don’t successfully audition into the specific program. I got reasonable grants/scholarships at all four, so I’m lucky that money is not a deciding factor. Concerned a bit about Tulane’s city environment (I’m not a party kid), TCU seems a bit isolated in Ft. Worth, Elon is beautiful, but they have not been too encouraging about the chances of getting into the musical theater program, and Muhlenberg seems a bit small and I’m not really attracted to Allentown. Any and all opinions welcome. Thanks!</p>

<p>Hi Alf - I just bumped a thread about the film/theater school. TCU has a thriving theater community and you would be amazed by all of the arts in Fort Worth. The Bass Family built a gorgeous Hall for plays and concerts downtown. Wonderful ballets, musicals, plays and such come to the Bass Hall and TCU students get to work first hand there. Fort Worth is a darling town with a lot of charm, restaurants, comedy club and boutiques. It is home to the Texas Ballet. It is 30 minutes from Dallas. It’s not isolated at all. I think you would be pleasantly surprised!</p>